Wondering who’s who in residences and who you can talk to? This page will introduce you to the professional staff and student staff in your building who are just one call or email away.
RESIDENCE CONDUCT OFFICE
- The Residence Conduct Office provides training, support, and education to members of the residence community.
- The Conduct team is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Residence Conduct process and provides advice to students regarding the Residence Community Standards.
- Questions or concerns about the Residence Conduct process should be directed to the Residence Conduct Coordinator or Manager of Residence Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 613-533-2965 or visit the office in D001 Victoria Hall.
RESIDENCE LIFE COORDINATORS (RLC) & ASSISTANT RESIDENCE LIFE COORDINATORS (ARLC)
- Residence Life & Assistant Residence Life Coordinators are full-time professional live-in staff.
- They are responsible for establishing a vibrant residence community that provides feedback, mentoring, and support to residents through various interactions such as student conduct and behaviour management, educational programming, team development and student staff supervision, and crisis response.
RESIDENCE OUTREACH COUNSELLORS (ROC)
- Counsellors are available for students wanting a safe, confidential space to chat and problem solve about a variety of issues, ranging from relationships to mental health concerns.
- Contact Nadia Sawaya Fehr (email@example.com) or Freeman Woolnough (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book an appointment.
- Dons are hired and trained by Residence Life to support residents and create a safe and engaged community.
- They are trained in peer counselling, conflict mediation, community development, leadership, and much more.
- They are knowledgeable about campus resources and can refer residents to the best place to get additional support.
- Dons on call are available between 8 pm and 7 am daily.
RESIDENCE SOCIETY (RESSOC)
- ResSoc is the student government that works closely with Residence Life to enhance the living environment and general welfare of all residents.
- The Residence Society also advocates on behalf of student interests.
- If residents have concerns or suggestions, ResSoc would like to hear from all residents.
- ResSoc is located at Victoria Hall, room 106C, phone 613-533-6216 or email email@example.com.
RESIDENCE FACILITATOR (R F)
- Residence Facilitators are upper-year students employed by the Residence Society (ResSoc), who work in conjunction with Residence Life to ensure Residence Community Standards are upheld.
- They perform investigations, hold meetings with students, and work with Residence Council to program events for their communities.
- The mandate of the University Ombudsman is to provide independent, impartial and confidential advice.
- This may include facilitating the resolution of concerns and complaints in support of University policies and procedures and in accordance with best practices in organizational conflict management.
- The University Ombudsman, Harry Smith, can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 613-533-6495.
STUDENT WELLNESS SERVICES
- Student Wellness Services supports the personal, academic, and social development of students at Queen’s University by providing a range of programs and services including: health services, counselling services, accessibility services, and health promotion.
- For additional information please call 613-533-2506 or email email@example.com
Other resources can be found in our Residence Community Standards 2018-2019 PDF.