Residence Life has structured our student conduct process and our ResRules based on three principles:
- ResRules are remedial in nature and are therefore designed to educate students about their responsibilities as members of the residence community and the consequences of their actions.
- The safety and security of every student is the responsibility of everyone in the residence community.
- Residence is a community that values mutual respect of the rights, responsibilities, dignity, wellbeing, and academic pursuits of all members.
Goals of the ResRules
- Encourage students to make positive choices and accept responsibility for their behaviour.
- Encourage students to resolve their own challenges in a mature and respectful manner.
- Promote the safety and security of residence.