Working for Residences
Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Residence Life Staff
Apply to be a Residence Don or Residence Program Assistant (RPA), part of the Residence Life team!
2022/2023 Residence Don & RPA applications open on November 8, 2021.
Front Desk Staff
Front Desk staff are front line, customer service-oriented positions.
Applications open November 8 2021 for the following positions:
Facilities offers a wide range of casual positions, in support of summer operations, ranging from custodial caretaking/painting to moving.
Casual Caretakers, Casual Painters and Casual Movers:
- Caretakers: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our housekeeping team provides a variety of services: cleaning student residences, conferencing tasks including bed making, cleaning after guests’ stays in a hotel-like environment and event set-ups. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
- Painters: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our casual painters are responsible for painting surfaces in addition to covering furnishings, patching, taping, sanding, priming, cleaning and maintaining supplies. Paint experience and work boots are required for this position. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
- Movers: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our casual movers are responsible for moving and disposing of furniture in Residence spaces. This position requires some heavy lifting. Casual Movers are also responsible for cleaning and organizing storage rooms and counting inventory. Work boots are required for this position. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
To apply for the casual caretaker, casual painter and/or the casual mover position(s), please view the employment application.
Residence Conduct Board
If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Community Standards, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of Community Standards. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. Note: no positions currently available
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Community Standards and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
H&A IT Services
Event Services Staff
Queen’s Event Services hires students to work throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and summer accommodations. Complete the application available at: https://eventservices.queensu.ca/about-us/employment/
Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available.
Enrichment Studies Unit
The Enrichment Studies Unit offers exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to share their love of Queen’s with Grade 7-12 students. Our overnight camps, which run in May and August, provide the perfect opportunity to spread your Queen’s Spirit! To apply, visit: https://esu.queensu.ca/join-the-team/