Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Front Desk Staff – We offer a range of shifts during the school year and the summer months for students who wish to work at one of our five front desks.
Student Staff – Residence Dons and Facilitators are an important part of our Residence Life team. Note: no positions currently available.
Hospitality Staff – Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available.
Residence Conduct Board – If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Community Standards, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of Community Standards. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact email@example.com. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. Note: no positions currently available
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Community Standards and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
Event Services Staff – Queen’s Event Services hires students to work throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and summer accommodations. Note: no positions currently available.
Facilities Staff – The Facilities Control Centre hires Casual Caretakers to work in residences during the summer months. Applications are available at the Facilities Control Centre (lower level, Victoria Hall). Note: no positions currently available.
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT – Working under the supervision and direction of Residence Technology, the Desktop Support and Network Technician will be part of a team responsible for testing all ResTel and ResNet connections and providing desktop support services to the Queen’s Housing and Ancillary Services department. Note: no positions currently available.
FALL HIRING – 1 WEEK (plus training) CONTRACT POSITION – Wi-Fi Support Technician to provide assistance to students in residence with configuring and connecting their Wi-Fi routers. Note: no positions currently available.
SPECIAL WI-FI SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (contract) – We are hiring 5-8 employees for 1 week (including one day of training). Job Description.
- The pay is $14/hour +4% vacation pay
- The candidates must be available to work 12pm – 8pm
- The closing date for applications is August 10, 2018
- The training will take place on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018 (no specific time/location has been set yet)
- The work week is scheduled for Saturday Sept 1, 2018 (move in day) through Friday, Sept. 7, 2018