Working for Residences
Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Residence Life Staff
Apply to be a Residence Don or Residence Program Assistant (RPA), part of the Residence Life team!
2021/2022 Residence Don & RPA applications open on January 18, 2021.
Residence Move-In Assistant
We are looking for an organized and dynamic student for the Residence Move-In Assistant role. This position, reporting to the Manager (Operations) Residence Life, will work closely with student groups, volunteers, and staff across the Housing and Ancillary portfolio to enhance and execute the Residence move-in experience for 2021.
The incumbent will help plan and execute logistics for the Residence move-in, including recruiting and coordinating volunteers. The position requires a high level of skill in project management, graphic design, and marketing. This position will begin with part-time hours in May and transition into full-time hours for the remainder of the summer. Work will include remote and on-site requirements. The incumbent will need to be available on-site from August 30 – September 5 for Residence move-in and on a part-time basis during the week of September 7th for debriefing and transition reporting.
The application should include a current resume and cover letter, emailed to email@example.com by Friday, May 7th, 2021, at 12 pm (noon).
View the full position details here.
Front Desk Staff
Front Desk staff are front line, customer service-oriented positions.
We are actively recruiting for;
- Summer 2021 Conference Staff (these positions are open to all.)
- 2021-2022 Academic Year (open to Queen’s students only).
Both seasons include a wide range of shifts, responsibilities and teamwork.
We are looking for candidates who have strong customer service skills, who are organized and can multitask. We are looking for those who are personable yet professional to fill a variety of positions.
To be considered, applications must be received by March 16th at 11:59 pm. Interviews will tentatively take place March 22-30, 2021.
Download the application form here or pick up an application at the Victoria Hall, Leggett and Jean Royce Front desks.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facilities offers a wide range of casual positions, in support of summer operations, ranging from custodial caretaking/painting to moving.
Casual Caretakers, Casual Painters and Casual Movers:
- Caretakers: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our housekeeping team provides a variety of services: cleaning student residences, conferencing tasks including bed making, cleaning after guests’ stays in a hotel-like environment and event set-ups. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
- Painters: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our casual painters are responsible for painting surfaces in addition to covering furnishings, patching, taping, sanding, priming, cleaning and maintaining supplies. Paint experience and work boots are required for this position. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
- Movers: Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, our casual movers are responsible for moving and disposing of furniture in Residence spaces. This position requires some heavy lifting. Casual Movers are also responsible for cleaning and organizing storage rooms and counting inventory. Work boots are required for this position. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
To apply for the casual caretaker, casual painter and/or the casual mover position(s), please view the employment application.
Residence Conduct Board
If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Community Standards, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of Community Standards. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact email@example.com. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. Note: no positions currently available
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Community Standards and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
H&A IT Services
Working under the supervision and direction of H&A IT Services, the Desktop Support and Network Technician will be part of a team responsible for testing all ResTel and ResNet connections and providing desktop support services to the Queen’s Housing and Ancillary Services department. Job Description.
FALL HIRING – SPECIAL WI-FI SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
We are hiring employees for move-in – Job Description.
• The pay is $14.25/hour (+ 4% vacation pay)
• The candidates must be available to work between 8am – 6pm, Sept 1-4
• The training will take place at the end of August
• One help desk will be located at Victoria Hall and one at Jean Royce Hall
• Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: transportation will be provided from main campus to west campus
Event Services Staff
Queen’s Event Services hires students to work throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and summer accommodations. Complete the application available at: https://eventservices.queensu.ca/about-us/employment/
Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available.
Enrichment Studies Unit
The Enrichment Studies Unit offers exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to share their love of Queen’s with Grade 7-12 students. Our overnight camps, which run in May and August, provide the perfect opportunity to spread your Queen’s Spirit! To apply, visit: https://esu.queensu.ca/join-the-team/