Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Move-in Assistant – Apply to be the move in assistant by March 11th, 2019. Move-In Assistant – Job Description.
Residence Life Staff – Apply to be a Don, part of the Residence Life team – applications now open November 12th for the 19/20 academic year! Applications are now closed for the 19/20 academic year.
Residence Admissions Representative –We are looking for a student to work in our office this summer to support the Residence Admissions department as well as Residence Administration when necessary. Apply by March 29th.
Front Desk Staff – We offer a range of shifts during the school year and the summer months for students who wish to work at one of our five front desks. Front Desk Services Applications are now open, and close on February 3rd.
Enrichment Studies Unit– The Enrichment Studies Unit offers exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to share their love of Queen’s with Grade 7-12 students. Our overnight camps, which run in May and August, provide the perfect opportunity to spread your Queen’s Spirit! To apply, visit: https://esu.queensu.ca/join-the-team/
Student Staff – Residence Dons and Facilitators are an important part of our Residence Life team. Note: no positions currently available.
Hospitality Staff – Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available.
Residence Conduct Board – If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Community Standards, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of Community Standards. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. Note: no positions currently available
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Community Standards and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
Event Services Staff – Queen’s Event Services hires students to work throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and summer accommodations. Complete the application available at: https://eventservices.queensu.ca/about-us/employment/
Facilities Staff – Facilities offers a wide range of casual positions, in support of summer operations, ranging from custodial caretaking/painting to administrative.
Casual Caretakers and Casual Painters
- Caretakers: Under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, our housekeeping team provides a variety of services: cleaning student residences, painting, conferencing tasks including bed making, cleaning after guests’ stays and event set-ups. WHMIS and on the job training will be provided.
- Painters: Under the supervision of the Facilities Team, our casual painters are responsible for painting surfaces in addition to covering furnishings, patching, taping, sanding, priming, cleaning and maintaining supplies.
To apply for the casual caretaker and/or casual painter position(s), please view the employment application.
- Linen Control Attendant: Under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, the Linen control attendant will provide a variety of services to the housekeeping team in Smith House and Brant House including, receive and count clean/dirty linen. Transporting linen carts and clean linen from receiving area to floors and dirty linen from floors to receiving. Replenish linens on carts based on the amount of linens needed for each floor as noted on the Housekeeping Report. Return cart to designated area at the end of shift. Clean and organize items stored in linen receiving, supply/storage closets and front desk. Field calls from front desk, for customer request. Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Administrative Assistant: Residence Facilities is responsible for the planning and scheduling of all cleaning, maintenance and set ups. Several of our Residence buildings are used for Hotel services for groups and individuals in the summer months. Under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant will provide a variety of function to help Facilities with schedules, printing and posting schedules, time tracking, data entry, collecting information on a spreadsheet of work completed, collecting and maintaining log sheets, collecting keys, time cards, and handing out and collecting I.D badges. The successful incumbent must be able to provide leadership, adapt to a changing work environment, acquire new skills, and work within a high-pressure environment.
- Facilities Control Assistant: Reporting to the Manager, Facilities the incumbent will be responsible for handing out keys to custodial, trades and contractors while monitoring access and checking identification. The Casual position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Facilities Control Clerks, which could include entering work orders, filing paper work and answering phones
- Key Clerk Helper: Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, the incumbent will perform a variety of tasks related to the keys in a secure Residence environment, including recording keys that have been returned, auditing key functionality in the physical doors and other duties related to Residence Facilities operations.
To apply for any of the casual administrative positions, please view the employment application.
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT – Working under the supervision and direction of Residence Technology, the Desktop Support and Network Technician will be part of a team responsible for testing all ResTel and ResNet connections and providing desktop support services to the Queen’s Housing and Ancillary Services department. Job Description.
FALL HIRING – 1 WEEK (plus training) CONTRACT POSITION – SPECIAL WI-FI SUPPORT TECHNICIAN to provide assistance to students in residence with configuring and connecting their Wi-Fi routers. We are hiring 5-8 employees for 1 week (including one day of training). Job Description.
- The pay is $14/hour +4% vacation pay
- The candidates must be available to work 12pm – 8pm
- The closing date for applications is TBA