Working for Residences
Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Residence Life Staff
Apply to be a Residence Program Assistant (RPA), part of the Residence Life team – applications are now closed for the 19/20 academic year.
Front Desk Staff
We offer a range of shifts during the school year and the summer months for students who wish to work at one of our five front desks. Front Desk Services Applications are now open, and close on February 3rd.
Residence Dons, Residence Program Assistants and Facilitators are an important part of our Residence Life team. Note: no positions currently available.
Event Services Staff
Queen’s Event Services hires students to work throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and summer accommodations. Complete the application available at: https://eventservices.queensu.ca/about-us/employment/
Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available.
Enrichment Studies Unit
The Enrichment Studies Unit offers exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to share their love of Queen’s with Grade 7-12 students. Our overnight camps, which run in May and August, provide the perfect opportunity to spread your Queen’s Spirit! To apply, visit: https://esu.queensu.ca/join-the-team/
Residence Conduct Board
If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Community Standards, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of Community Standards. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled. Note: no positions currently available
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Community Standards and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
The Facilities Control Centre hires Casual Caretakers to work in residences during the summer months. Applications are available at the Facilities Control Centre (D007 Victoria Hall). To apply to positions with Facilities, please fill out the following online form: Online Form
Working under the supervision and direction of Residence Technology, the Desktop Support and Network Technician will be part of a team responsible for testing all ResTel and ResNet connections and providing desktop support services to the Queen’s Housing and Ancillary Services department. Job Description.
FALL HIRING – SPECIAL WI-FI SUPPORT TECHNICIAN – (1 week Contract Position during Move In/Orientation Week)
We are hiring 5-8 employees for 1 week (including one day of training). Job Description.
- The pay is $14/hour +4% vacation pay
- The candidates must be available to work 12pm – 8pm
- The job is also advertised on the Queen’s MY CAREER page (JOB ID 103200). The closing date for applications is August 18, 2019
- The training is tentatively scheduled to take place on Friday, Aug. 30, 2019 (no specific time/location has been set yet)
- The work week is scheduled for Saturday Aug 31/19 (move in day) through Friday, Sept. 6, 2019
- One help desk will be located on Main campus (Victoria Hall, Great Hall) and one at West campus (Room C116, pending room request approval)
*Note: transportation will be provided from main campus to west campus