Queen’s Residences works hard to provide safe and secure living spaces – but YOU also share responsibility for keeping our buildings safe.
- Do not prop open doors to our buildings
- Do not leave your door unlocked
- Do not let unescorted non-residents follow you into your building
- Report any strangers or suspicious activity to the front desk
Security in Residences:
- Most buildings are locked 24 hours a day (with the exception of buildings that have public access, such as Victoria Hall)
- Your Don will tell you about any safety issues occurring on campus
- Campus Security has an e-mail alert system to notify you of any security concerns on campus
Missing Person, Wellness or Status Checks:
Queen’s Campus Security and Emergency Services can be called upon to assist with locating members of the Queen’s community for whom others have lost contact or have grown concerned for the safety and well-being of the person being sought.
The Queen’s Emergency Report Centre is available 24 hours a day at 613-533-6080 (non-emergency), 613-533-6111 (emergency) or by using a Blue Light Emergency Phone.
For more information about the services and programs that Queen’s Campus Security has to offer visit their website.
- Fire alarm drills are held at the beginning of each year, and fire alarm testing is conducted on the last Monday of each month. Please evacuate for all fire alarms, except for these monthly tests
- If there is an emergency on campus, your Don or other Residence staff will connect with you to provide details. You may also be contacted by voicemail, or through the Campus Digital Information Network
Stay Safe on Campus