Residences has several bulletin boards that are accessible to residences and the public. If you would like to advertise your event with posters you must submit an application to Residence Life.
Please ensure that your poster meets the following guidelines before submitting your request:
Poster Submission Guidelines
As stated in the Residence Life department’s philosophy and goals, Queen’s Residence Life department holds a responsibility of the safety and security of everyone located within its residence communities. To ensure this responsibility is being upheld the following guidelines must be followed by groups wishing to advertise within the residence community:
- All materials must be free of violent, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, sexist, racist, homophobic, heterosexist or otherwise inappropriate content.
- All materials must be free of content that promotes a culture of drinking or drug use. This includes, but is not limited to; the use of 19+ events, alcohol use, drug use, bars or clubs for advertising purposes.
- Posters advertising commercial, for-profit events or organizations not affiliated with Queen’s University, the Alma Mater Society of Queens University, or the Society of Graduate and Professional Students, and subsidiary entities are strictly prohibited.
- All materials must be printed on recyclable paper.
- Posters submitted by any organization for any given event cannot exceed 11 inches by 17 inches (28cm x 43cm) in size.
- All materials must be placed on appropriate bulletin boards where available. No material shall be placed on boards designated for special use. Posting on any residence walls is forbidden
- In accordance with fire regulations, no material may be placed on any doors, including residents’ doors, inside and outside elevators and on glass surfaces or doors (including mirrors). Additionally, posters may not be taped to the ground outside of residence. Moving, removing or posting over Queen’s University Residences or Res Soc material is expressly prohibited.
- Any form of door to door advertising or solicitation must be approved by a request to event services.
Online Submission Procedure
- Please email email@example.com with your request and an attached PDF of the poster. The application will be processed over 2-3 business days. If your poster is not approved there will be an email sent out explaining why and if changes can be made (to have it approved in the future). If approved, the process will continue to step two.
- An email will be sent out explaining the number of approved copies. Residence will be approving up to 10 posters per week.
- After receiving the email approval, the participants will drop off the approved posters to the Residence Life Office (Victoria Hall, Rm. C110) between the hours of 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Poster packages are sent out on Mondays. To ensure they are delivered as a part of our Monday package, we ask that they are brought to the office by 4:00 pm on Wednesday. Please note: the posters should be submitted two weeks in advance of the event date.
- Posters will be taken down after the event(s) has taken place. Please submit AMS and Residence Society Election posters through the online submission process. Any posters that have not been approved will be removed and may result in a follow up.