Level One or Two
- Residents must complete and submit a Residence Community Standards appeal form within five (5) business days of the date on their decision letter.
- Appeals will be vetted by Residence Life and granted if there is:
- Significant procedural irregularity;
- New information not previously available at the time of the investigation.
- Dissatisfaction with a decision, failure to attend a scheduled meeting, not checking or reading email, and/or failure to abide by the terms outlined in a decision letter are not grounds for an appeal.
- If granted, appeals will be heard by the Residence Conduct Board (RCB). All members of the Board are current students. Membership of the Board includes Chairs, Members at Large, a representative from the Residence Society (ResSoc), and a Residence Don. The Board will hear statements from all parties, review investigation information, and may uphold, overturn, or change the original decision.
Level Three or Removal from Residence
- Residents may submit their appeal to the Non-Academic Misconduct Appeal Panel.
- Appeals must be submitted by completing a Notice of Appeal Form, specifically outlining reasons for the appeal in a detailed manner, within 10 business days of the date on their decision letter.
- Please forward your written request for appeal and any supporting documentation to email@example.com by 4:30pm on the date of the appeal filing deadline.
- For more information regarding the process, eligible grounds for appeal, or options available to you, please see the following website or contact the University Ombudsperson:
- Non-Academic Misconduct:
- University Ombudsperson:
- Any sanctions that you are required to complete are put on hold until the appeal has been reviewed and a decision has been made. If an Immediate Sanction is imposed, a request for an Expedited Appeal proceeding can be submitted by 4:30pm on the third business day after the date of this letter. If the appeal is denied, then any sanctions assigned are required to be completed five business days from the date of the appeal decision letter.