- Residents will accrue points for each finding of responsibility. A Level One offence will accrue one (1) point, a Level Two two (2) points, and a Level Three will accrue a minimum of three (3) points. Termination of a Residence Agreement will be strongly considered once a resident has accumulated 8 points or as outlined in the sanction descriptions.
- All incidents of alleged Residence Community Standards violations are documented by a Residence Life staff member. This documentation is submitted to a Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) for review and classification.
- The first violation of the Residence Community Standards considered a Level One or Two by nature will be handled by a Residence Facilitator (RF). The RF will gather information, perform an investigation, and determine a finding of responsibility. They will assess and assign appropriate sanctions.
Level One (Less Than 3 Points)
- Residence Facilitators (RFs) will handle the first 3 instances of violations considered Level One by nature.
- For the second instance of a Level Two violation or when a resident has accumulated 3 points, the investigation and adjudication will be handled by a Residence Life Coordinator (RLC).
Progression of Points
- For incidents considered Level One or Two by nature where a resident has accumulated 6 or more points, the investigation and adjudication will be performed by a member of the Residence Conduct Office, or designate.
- Incidents considered Level Three by nature will be referred to the Non-Academic Misconduct Intake Office for assessment and referral. The NAM Intake Office may assign a campus Case Manager or redirect it back to Residence Life. Cases redirected to Residence Life will be handled by the Residence Conduct Office, or designate.