If you require specific accommodations – either health or non-health related as part of your residence application, you must submit your request using the forms listed below. The deadline for applying for accommodations is June 10, 2019. While we will consider late submissions, we may be limited in what accommodations we can provide after the deadline.
Residences Health Accommodation form should be filled out if your request for accommodation is based on a disability or health condition. Please note that your doctor will be required to fill out part of this form.
The Non- Medical Accommodation request form should be filled out if your accommodation request is based on a need for a long bed (must be 6’4” or taller), cultural/ religious needs, or requirements related to gender identity/expression or sexual orientation.
Please read the instructions on the form carefully before submitting.
- These forms do not replace the Residence application. You must still apply and make your residence deposit by the deadline in order for your application and accommodation request to be considered.
- Only the 2019/2020 Health Accommodation form will be accepted for disability or health related requests.
- These forms are intended for Residence placement only. Should you require academic accommodation, please contact the Queen’s Student Accessibility office (QSAS) for assistance.
- Queen’s Residences is a high-density living environment. It may be difficult to control that environment in regards to a health condition. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle and health condition.
- Room changes based on health needs after the application deadline will be considered however, we are typically full to capacity so have limited rooms to meet health accommodations after the room lotteries have begun and room assignments are finalized.
- We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities; however accommodations are based on need and not room type or building preference.
- Please contact the Residence Admissions office if you have a parent, guardian, or sibling with a disability such as mobility, vision or hearing impairment that may require accommodation when visiting your residence building.
- We accommodate service animals – please read our Queen’s Residence Service Animal Guidelines
Non-Medical Accommodation Form for Residences
This form is used for the following accommodation requests:
- Long bed – long beds are limited and reserved for students who are 6’4” and taller. Please provide a copy of your driver’s licence. (There is an area on the form to upload a copy). If you do not have a driver’s licence, a letter from your health care provider certifying your height will be accepted.
- Cultural / religious – You may request specific accommodations based on cultural or religious needs – Please identify the specific requirements that will support your housing needs.
- Gender Identity/Expression or Sexual orientation – You may request specific accommodations based on Gender Identity/Expression or Sexual Orientation. For example, you may be transitioning and have certain requirements. Please identify the specific requirements that will support your housing needs.
You can fill out the Non- Medical Accommodation request form online. You’ll receive an email confirming that your request has been received by Residence Admissions. Please note that the Manager, Residence Admissions may contact you should further information be required for your residence placement.