Residence Accommodations

If you require specific accommodations – either health or non-health related as part of your residence application, you must submit your request using the forms listed below. The deadline for applying for accommodations was June 8, 2021. While we will consider late submissions, we may be limited in what accommodations we can provide after the deadline.

Residences Health Accommodation form

Residences Health Accommodation form (PDF) should be filled out if your request for accommodation is based on a disability or health condition. Please note that your health care provider will be required to fill out part of this form.

Please read the instructions on the form carefully before submitting.

  • These forms do not replace the Residence application. You must still apply and make your residence deposit by the deadline in order for your application and accommodation request to be considered.
  • Only the 2021-2022 Health Accommodation form will be accepted for disability or health-related requests.
  • At Queen’s University, we take allergies and other dietary needs very seriously. If you are a student that requires room accommodation based on dietary anaphylaxis or allergies, please fill out this form. When the form is received, we will provide the contact information to set up a meeting with Hospitality Services’ Wellness and Sustainability Manager, Jessica Bertrand and/or Campus Executive Chef, Colin Johnson. In this meeting, you will be able to discuss your specific requirements around the meal plan and receive more information about the services that are offered to help you eat safe and well on campus. You will also be asked to complete the allergy intake form found here.
  • If you do not need room accommodation but would like a consultation for any dietary needs, you are able to book your own appointment here.
  • These forms are intended for Residence placement only. Should you require academic accommodation, please contact the Queen’s Student Accessibility office (QSAS) for assistance.
  • Queen’s Residences is a high-density living environment. It may be difficult to control that environment in regards to a health condition. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle and health condition.
  • Room changes based on health needs after the application deadline will be considered however, we have limited rooms to meet health accommodations after self-selection has taken place.
  • We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities; however, accommodations are based on need and not room type or building preference.
  • Please contact the Residence Admissions office if you have a parent, guardian, or sibling with a disability such as mobility, vision or hearing impairment that may require accommodation when visiting your residence building.
  • We accommodate service animals – please read our Queen’s Residence Service Animal Guidelines

Non-Health Accommodation request form

The Non-Health Accommodation request form should be filled out if your accommodation request is based on a need for a long bed (must be 195 cms or taller), cultural/ religious needs, or requirements related to gender identity/expression or sexual orientation.

This form is used for the following accommodation requests:

  1. Long bed – long beds are limited and reserved for students who are 195 cms and taller. Please provide a copy of your driver’s license. (There is an area on the form to upload a copy). If you do not have a driver’s license, or if the height on your license is no longer accurate, a letter from your health care provider certifying your height will be accepted.
  2. Cultural/religious – You may request specific accommodations based on cultural or religious needs – Please identify the specific requirements that will support your housing needs.
  3. Gender Identity/Expression or Sexual orientation – You may request specific accommodations based on Gender Identity/Expression or Sexual Orientation. For example, you may be transitioning and have certain requirements. Please identify the specific requirements that will support your housing needs.

Fill out the Non-Health Accommodation request form online. You’ll receive an email confirming that your request has been received by Residence Admissions. Please note that the Manager, Residence Admissions may contact you should further information be required for your residence placement.