Thanks for a successful move-in 2020. We look forward to welcoming you in 2021!
Queen’s University Move-In Video
Residence is more than just a place to stay while you attend university. Here, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to meet and make friends with students who have diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, values and interests from you.
Here’s what to bring:
- bedding and a favourite pillow*
- ethernet cable and wireless router*
- a small fridge* (7cubic feet or smaller)
- ear plugs
- bathrobe and container for soap, shampoo, etc. shower flip flops
- laundry basket or bag
- desk lamp
- memory foam
- alarm clock
- storage boxes for your room
- favourite books and decorations
- sticky-tack adhesive for decorations
- dishware and eating utensils
- a small first aid kit, thermometer, hand sanitizer flashlight and batteries
- winter clothing (scarves, hats, coats, etc.)
- semi-formal wear
*All single plus rooms require queen sheets and all other rooms require twin XL sheets.
When you receive your room assignment, visit our website to check your building page
for details on bedsheet sizes, wired/wireless internet and fridges.
- a bed (some buildings have singles, others have doubles)
- a dresser and a mirror
- a desk and chair
- a bookshelf and bulletin board
- a closet or wardrobe
- internet access in each room
- laundry facilities and a reloadable laundry card
Some buildings have wired internet access, while others have wireless.
Every building has a common room, microwave, kettle and toaster.
*All floors also have an iron, ironing board and a vacuum.
Please leave at home:
- beer bottles and drinking games
- alcohol and illegal drugs
- hotplates, toaster ovens, microwaves, rice cookers and small cooking appliances
- candles, fireworks or firecrackers
- halogen lamps or sunlamps
- large stereos
- furniture – rooms come furnished, and you are not permitted to remove any furniture from your room
- weapons of any type or size (martial arts weapons must be stored outside of residence)
- pets – with the exception of approved service animals
Leave at home: hotplates/appliances with heating elements and small cooking appliances (deep fryer, rice cooker, microwave ovens, immersion heater, bread makers, etc) if you do choose to bring a kettle or toaster, we ask that you use it only in the common room
Please note that Queen’s is a smoke and vape-free campus.
Before Coming to Residence – ResNet System Requirements
To be able to connect to Queen’s ResNet system, you must have:
- A Windows or Mac-based personal computer with a currently supported operating system.
- A 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet compatible network interface or one available USB port for an external network adapter.
- If your computer is wireless only, then you will need to install your own wireless router on your ResNet Ethernet connection.
- Ensure that you have an Ethernet cable! Whether you connect your computer to the ResNet wall jack directly or use a wireless router, you must ensure that you have an Ethernet cable to plug into the wall jack. Most wireless routers have an Ethernet cable in the package, otherwise, you will need to purchase one.
For more information about internet in residence please visit our internet services page.
Please read the New Student IT Guide before coming to residences