Watts Hall, Student room #
Watts Hall, located on lower Albert Street, was named in honour of Principal Emeritus Ronald Watts, the University’s 15th Principal from 1974 to 1984. Along with Leggett Hall, this residence opened in September 2003, and features 211 beds arranged in 21 beds on the ground floor and 38 beds on floors 2 through 6.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Watch our YouTube video below for an example of a single plus room!
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the YELLOW WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to WATTS HALL – Yellow Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn left on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Turn RIGHT on Albert Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- After passing Queen’s Crescent, merge into the LEFT LANE of Albert Street and continue to Watts Hall (corner of Albert Street and Bader Lane)
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
YELLOW ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue down Lower Albert Street to King Street West
- Turn RIGHT onto King Street West
- Continue down King Street West to park at either:
- The St. Mary’s/Providence Care lot which is on the right side of King Street West after you pass Centre Street.
- OR at the Corrections lot, which is further down King Street West on the left hand side after you pass Ellerbeck Street
- OR at the Isabel Bader Center’s Parking lot, which is down King Street West on the left hand side after you pass Centre Street, down Morton Way.
- Volunteers will be at the entrances of the parking lots to guide you.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Watts Hall on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear. Please do not park your car on-campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Watts Hall – Yellow Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Yellow Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s