Watts Hall, Student room #
23 Lower Albert Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3V1
Open 24 hours a day
About Watts Hall
Watts Hall, located on lower Albert Street, was named in honour of Principal Emeritus Ronald Watts, the University’s 15th Principal from 1974 to 1984. Along with Leggett Hall, this residence opened in September 2003, and features 211 beds arranged in 21 beds on the ground floor and 38 beds on floors 2 through 6.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed gender environment with single plus rooms and attached full washroom (shared between two rooms)
- Bedroom size is typically 9.5 x 15. Please note that bedrooms can vary in size and furnishings
- Beds are extra long and require Queen-sized sheets
- Common room with television and full kitchen located in each wing
- Study rooms located on each floor
- Fireplace common room located on main level
- Seminar /group study rooms with screens/data projectors located on main level
- Washrooms – semi-private, shared between 2 bedrooms
- Laundry – located on the main level
- Kitchens –kitchens with sink, microwave and refrigerator are located on each wing
- Wireless Internet – available in main common areas and group study rooms
- Vending Machines – located on the main level