Waldron Tower, Student room #
Waldron Tower was built in 1968, and is located at the corner of King and George streets, near City Park. Originally a residence for nursing students at Kingston General Hospital, it is a now a mixed gender residence with 290 single rooms. There are 240 rooms in the 11 story tower and 50 rooms in a recently renovated section attached the bottom 3 floors only.
The building was designed so that practically every window (in the tower) looks south over Lake Ontario.
Want to see inside?
Important information about Moving-In
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the ORANGE WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to WALDRON TOWER – Orange Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street, and stay in the LEFT LANE to Barrie Street
- Turn LEFT on Barrie Street
- Continue down Barrie Street to Union Street
- Turn RIGHT onto Union Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on Union Street and take the first left onto Arch Street
- Proceed south down Arch Street to Stuart Street
- Turn RIGHT on Stuart Street and take the first left onto George Street
- Continue on George Street and turn left at O’Kill Street (volunteers will direct you).
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
ORANGE ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Exit O’Kill Street, turn left onto Barrie Street.
- Continue north on Barrie Street and turn left on Clergy Street West
- Dupuis Hall Parking Lot will be on your left.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM).
- Return to Waldron Tower on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- Waldron Tower has an elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Waldron Tower – Orange Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Orange Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s