Waldron Tower, Student room #
Waldron Tower was built in 1968, and is located at the corner of King and George streets, near City Park. Originally a residence for nursing students at Kingston General Hospital, it is a now a mixed gender residence with 290 single rooms. There are 240 rooms in the 11 story tower and 50 rooms in a recently renovated section attached the bottom 3 floors only.
The building was designed so that practically every window (in the tower) looks south over Lake Ontario.
Want to see inside?
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
- Waldron Tower is in the Orange Zone.
- Please print the ORANGE WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
- You may also wish to print the colour-coded Residence Life move-in map 2018 (PDF).
Driving Instructions to WALDRON TOWER – Orange Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street, and stay in the LEFT LANE to Barrie Street
- Turn left on Barrie Street
- Continue down Barrie Street to Union Street
- Turn right onto Union Street
- Continue on Union Street and take first left onto Arch Street
- Proceed south down Arch Street to Stuart Street
- Turn right on Stuart Street
- Take first left onto George Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on George Street and turn left at O’Kill Street (volunteers will direct you)
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Waldron Tower has an elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Waldron Tower – Orange Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s