Waldron Tower, Student room #
17 King St. West
Waldron Tower was built in 1968, and is located at the corner of King and George streets, near City Park. Originally a residence for nursing students at Kingston General Hospital, it is a now a mixed gender residence with 290 single rooms. There are 240 rooms in the 11 story tower and 50 rooms in a recently renovated section attached the bottom 3 floors only. The building was designed so that practically every window (in the tower) looks south over Lake Ontario.
Want to see inside?
Move-In Information 2017:
*please check back in the summer for 2018 move-in information
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- There is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface lots
Waldron Tower – ORANGE ZONE
- From Highway 401, take exit #617 to Division Street
- Continue south on Division Street to Princess Street
- Turn right on Princess Street
- Continue on Princess, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Continue down University Avenue to Union
- Turn left onto Union
- Continue on Union Street to turn right onto Arch Street
- Proceed south down Arch Street to Stuart Street
- Turn right on Stuart Street
- Turn left onto George Street
- Continue on George Street and turn left at O’Kill Street (volunteers will direct you)
- Stop, drop belongings/student for check-in
- Parking: exit O’kill Street, turn left onto Barrie Street. Continue north on Barrie and turn right on Court Street to access the Courthouse parking lot.
WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Waldron Tower) *Print and place in your windshield on Move-In Day