Waldron Tower, Student room #
17 King St. West
Kingston, ON K7L 2W4
Open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. – midnight
What does the front desk provide?
Waldron Tower was built in 1968, and is located at the corner of King and George streets, near City Park. Originally a residence for nursing students at Kingston General Hospital, it is a now a mixed gender residence with 290 single rooms. There are 240 rooms in the 11 story tower and 50 rooms in a recently renovated section attached the bottom 3 floors only.
The building was designed so that practically every window (in the tower) looks south over Lake Ontario.
Want to see inside?
- mixed gender environment with single rooms
- Sinks in most bedrooms
- Bedroom size is typically 10 x 11. Please note that rooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Windows in most bedrooms face south, with a view of Lake Ontario
- Located next to Kingston General Hospital, across from waterfront and close to city parks
- Easy walking distance to downtown shopping
- Piano lounge on main level
- Washrooms – three communal washrooms (no specific gender) on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens – snack kitchens with microwave and fridge are located on some floors
- Wireless Internet – available in first, second and third floor lounges
- Vending Machines – located on the main level