Waldron Tower, Student room #
17 King St. West
Kingston, ON K7L 2W4
Open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. – midnight
About Waldron Tower
Waldron Tower was built in 1968, and is located at the corner of King and George streets, near City Park. Originally a residence for nursing students at Kingston General Hospital, it is a now a mixed gender residence with 290 single rooms. There are 240 rooms in the 11 story tower and 50 rooms in a recently renovated section attached the bottom 3 floors only.
The building was designed so that practically every window (in the tower) looks south over Lake Ontario.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed gender environment with single rooms
- Sinks in most bedrooms
- Bedroom size is typically 10 x 11. Please note that rooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Windows in most bedrooms face south, with a view of Lake Ontario
- Located next to Kingston General Hospital, across from waterfront and close to city parks
- Easy walking distance to downtown shopping
- Washrooms – three communal washrooms (no specific gender) on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens – snack kitchens with microwave and fridge are located on some floors
- Wireless Internet – available in first, second and third floor lounges
- Vending Machines – located on the main level