Victoria Hall, Wing, and Student room #
75 Bader Lane
Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
Open 24 hours a day
VICTORIA HALL – Red Zone
Important: Print & put in your vehicle before move-in day VICTORIA HALL WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Blvd to Johnson Street
- Turn left on Johnson Street
- Continue on Johnson Street, to University Avenue
- Turn right on University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue down University Avenue to Union Street
- Once past Union Street, stay in the RIGHT LANE on University Avenue
- Turn right on Bader Lane
- Stay in the RIGHT LANE on Bader Lane to Victoria Hall
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
RED ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS – VIEW PARKING MAP
- Continue on Bader Lane, then turn RIGHT onto Albert Street
- Proceed to Tindall surface parking lot – the entrance is on the right side of Albert Street
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Victoria Hall on foot.
About Victoria Hall
Opened in two stages in 1965 and 1968, Victoria Hall is the largest residence at Queen’s and is named after Queen Victoria, who granted Queen’s founding royal charter in 1841.
Originally a women’s residence, it was transformed into a mixed gender building in 1988 and houses nearly 900 students. Shaped like a large X, Victoria Hall has five wings and is located on the north side of Bader Lane.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- Mixed gender environment with single, double, triple and quad rooms
- Bedrooms range in size from 9.5 x 13 to 17 x 17. Please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Home of The Lazy Scholar, a lounge and coffee bar featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night menus, coffee bar, snack items, televisions, fireplaces, lounge seating and games (pool, foosball, ping pong)
- Home to Residence administrative offices
- Main level features large common space
- Washrooms – 4 individual washrooms and 4 individual shower rooms on each wing
- Laundry – located on the lower level and in D and E wings
- Lounge – a large lounge is located in the upper lobby
- Wireless Internet – available in upper lobby, main lobby, and in The Lazy Scholar (lower level lounge/café)
- Vending Machines – located on the main and lower levels