Morris Hall, Student room #
Completed in 1958, Morris Hall is named after the Hon. William Morris, a founder of Queen’s, first Chair of the Board of Trustees, and a member of the Legislative Council of Upper Canada. Morris Hall is a mixed gender residence that houses just over 225 residents.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Watch our Vimeo video below for an example of a single room!
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the YELLOW WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to MORRIS HALL – Yellow Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn LEFT on Union Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Turn RIGHT on Albert Street
- Continue on Albert Street to Morris Hall
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
YELLOW ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue down Lower Albert Street to King Street West
- Turn RIGHT onto King Street West
- Continue down King Street West to park at either:
- The St. Mary’s/Providence Care lot which is on the right side of King Street West after you pass Centre Street.
- OR at the Corrections lot, which is further down King Street West on the left hand side after you pass Ellerbeck Street
- OR at the Isabel Bader Center’s Parking lot, which is down King Street West on the left hand side after you pass Centre Street, down Morton Way.
- Volunteers will be at the entrances of the parking lots to guide you.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Morris Hall on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear. Please do not park your car on-campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Morris Hall – Yellow Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Yellow Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s