McNeill House, Student room #
40 Lower Albert Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3T8
Open from 8am-midnight
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Completed in 1955 and renovated in 2006, this undergraduate co-ed residence is located at the intersection of Lower Albert Street and Bader Lane. It is named after William Everett McNeill, an English professor and a colourful and influential former Vice-Principal of the University (1930 – 1947).
McNeill House is a mixed-gender residence with 220 beds in a mixture of single and double bedrooms.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- a mixed-gender environment with single and double rooms
- Bedrooms range in size from 10 x 13 to 12 x 17. Please note that bedrooms can vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Bedroom furniture was upgraded in 2007
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Lower level features large common space with large-screen TV, fireplace, pool table room and study room
- Washrooms – 2 communal but gender-specific washrooms on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens –snack kitchen with microwave and fridge is located on the lower level
- Wireless Internet – available in the common rooms on the lower level
- Vending Machines – located on the lower level
Bath & Bed Linens
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: https://campuslinenscanada.com/.
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.