McNeill House, Student room #
40 Lower Albert Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3T8
Open 24 hours a day
MCNEILL HOUSE – Yellow Zone
Important: Print & put in your vehicle before move-in day MCNEILL WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn LEFT on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Turn RIGHT on Albert Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on Albert Street to McNeill House
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
YELLOW ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS – VIEW PARKING MAP
- Continue down Lower Albert Street to King Street West
- Turn RIGHT onto King Street West
- Continue down King Street West and turn right to park in the St. Mary’s/Providence Care parking lot
- Volunteers will be at the entrances of the parking lots to guide you.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to McNeill House on foot.
Completed in 1955 and renovated in 2006, this undergraduate co-ed residence is located at the intersection of Lower Albert Street and Bader Lane. It is named after William Everett McNeill, an English professor and a colourful and influential former Vice-Principal of the University (1930 – 1947).
McNeill House is a mixed gender residence with 220 beds in a mixture of single and double bedrooms.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed gender environment with single and double rooms
- Bedrooms range in size from 10 x 13 to 12 x 17. Please note that bedrooms can vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Bedroom furniture was upgraded in 2007
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Lower level features large common space with large-screen TV, fireplace, pool table room and study room
- Washrooms – 2 communal but gender specific washrooms on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens –snack kitchen with microwave and fridge is located on the lower level
- Wireless Internet – available in the common rooms on the lower level
- Vending Machines – located on the lower level