Leonard Hall, East or West Wing. Student room #
Built in 1959, Leonard Hall is named after a local Kingston soldier and engineer, Reuben Wells Leonard (1860 – 1930). Leonard Hall houses over 300 students, and is divided into east and west, with a corridor in between. There are both all-male and mixed gender floors in this building.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Watch our YouTube videos below for examples of a single and a double room!
Important information about Moving-In
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the BLUE WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to LEONARD HALL – Blue Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn LEFT on Union Street. Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Turn RIGHT onto Albert Street
- Continue on Albert Street to Queen’s Crescent
- Turn RIGHT onto Queen’s Crescent
- Leonard Hall is at the corner of Collingwood Street and Queen’s Crescent
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
BLUE ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue through Collingwood Street onto the second section of Queen’s Crescent towards Beverly Street
- Turn RIGHT onto Beverley Street.
- Continue north on Beverley Street to Union Street.
- Continue northbound – Beverley Street turns into Victoria Street.
- Continue up Victoria Street to Earl Street, then turn RIGHT onto Earl Street.
- Drive down Earl Street to Frontenac Street, then turn RIGHT onto Frontenac Street.
- Continue southbound on Frontenac until you get to Union. The entrance to the Tindall Field Underground Parking Lot is straight ahead, across Union Street.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM).
- Return to Leonard Hall on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Note: Leonard Hall has an elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Leonard Hall – Blue Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Blue Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s