Leonard Hall, East or West Wing. Student room #
150 Queen’s Crescent
Kingston, ON K7L 2T2
Open 24 hours a day
Built in 1959, Leonard Hall is named after a local Kingston soldier and engineer, Reuben Wells Leonard (1860 – 1930). Leonard Hall houses over 300 students, and is divided into east and west, with a corridor in between. There are both all-male and mixed gender floors in this building.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed gender and all-male environment with mix of single,double, triple and quad rooms
- Bedrooms range in size from 10 x 12. 5 to 12 x 16- please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size, style and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Indoor access to Leonard Dining Hall
- Music room and study room on the main floor
- Washrooms – two communal (but gender specific) washrooms/showers on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens – a snack kitchen with sink, microwave and refrigerator is located on the first floor
- Wireless Internet – available in dining hall, lower and first floor
- Vending Machines – located on the main level