Leggett Hall, Student room #
194 Stuart Street
Kingston, ON K7L 5V2
Open 24 hours a day
LEGGETT HALL – Green Zone
Important: Print & put in your vehicle before move-in day LEGGETT WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in LEFT LANE, to University Avenue
- Turn LEFT on University Avenue
- Once past Union Street, stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Turn right onto Stuart Street
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on Stuart Street
- Continue on Stuart Street to Leggett Hall, on the left of Stuart Street
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
GREEN ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS – VIEW PARKING MAP
- Continue west on Stuart Street to St. Lawrence Avenue.
- Turn left onto St. Lawrence Avenue to King Street West.
- Turn left onto King Street West.
- Continue down King Street West to Barrie Street
- Turn left onto Barrie Street.
- Continue on Barrie Street to Union Street
- Turn left on Union Street
- Turn right on Division Street
- Turn left into the Queen’s Centre underground parking lot
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Leggett Hall on foot.
Leggett Hall opened in September 2003 and was named in honour of former Principal William C. Leggett, who served as Queen’s 17th Principal between 1994 and 2004.
Leggett features 336 single plus rooms in houses of 30 and 34 rooms, with one house of 42 rooms on each of the fourth and fifth floors.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- Mixed gender environment with single plus rooms and attached full washroom (shared between two rooms)
- Bedroom size is 9.5 x 15. Please note that bedrooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds are extra long and require Queen-sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Common room with television and full kitchen located in each wing
- Study rooms located on each floor
- Fireplace common room located on main level
- Seminar /group study rooms with screens/data projectors located on main level
- Washrooms – semi-private, shared between 2 bedrooms
- Laundry – located on the main level
- Kitchens –kitchens with sink, microwave and refrigerator are located on each wing
- Wireless Internet – available in main common areas and group study rooms
- Vending Machines – located on the main level