Jean Royce Hall, Student House and room #
Jean Royce Hall
Jean Royce Hall was built in 1974 and is named after Jean Royce, Queen’s Registrar for 35 years (1933 – 1969). The 12 individual houses within the Jean Royce complex are named for former faculty and trustees. A mixed-gender environment with housing for over 700 residents in total, Jean Royce is just a short 20-minute walk from main campus and bus service is available. The houses located within Jean Royce Hall include: Angus, Boucher, Bryce, Curran, Douglas, Healey, Laird, Miller, Roy, Shortliffe, Tracy and Trotter. Please note that there are no elevators in these buildings. First Year students in all faculties and exchange students are housed at Jean Royce Hall.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Want to see what a room at west campus is like?
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
- Jean Royce Hall Phase 2 is in the Pink Zone. Please print the PINK WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
- You may also wish to print a copy of the colour-coded Residence Life move-in map 2018 (PDF).
Driving Instructions to JEAN ROYCE HALL – Pink Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn RIGHT on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Jean Royce Hall
- Turn right at Jean Royce Hall entrance
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Note: There are no elevators in Jean Royce Hall.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Jean Royce Hall – Pink Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s