Harkness Hall, Student room #
329 Earl Street
Kingston, ON K7L 2J4
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Open 24 hours/day
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Move In Information
Built in 1969, Harkness Hall is named in honour of R.D. Harkness, a chair of Queen’s Board of Trustees in the 1960s. It is located on Earl Street, near the intersection with Alfred Street, one block north of the main campus in a residential area near the Smith School of Business and Joseph S. Stauffer Library.
Harkness Hall is a 3-storey mixed-gender building that houses only first-year students. It has room for about 100 students in mostly single rooms.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- a mixed-gender environment with three floors of mostly single rooms
- The bedroom size is typically 8 x 13. Please note that bedrooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Common rooms and study rooms on each floor*to be confirmed.
- Located in a residential neighbourhood one block north of the main campus
- Near convenience stores, Stauffer Library, John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC) and the Smith School of Business
- A music room and a games room are located on the lower level *to be confirmed.
- Washrooms – communal (but gender-specific) on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens – snack kitchens with sink, microwave and refrigerator are located throughout the building
- Vending Machines – located on the main level
- Please note: there are no elevators in this building
Bath & Bed Linens
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: https://campuslinenscanada.com/.
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.