Graduate Residence, Student room #
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Located in the heart of campus in the John Deutsch University Centre (the JDUC), Graduate Residence, also known as Grad Res, is a 4-storey mixed gender living environment with approximately 20 students on each floor. All rooms are single and include an attached bathroom with shower.
Despite the name, only undergraduate students will be housed in Graduate Residence in 2018 and beyond.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Watch our YouTube video below for an example of a single room!
- Construction is ongoing for the new Innovation and Wellness Centre at the corner of Division and Union Street, located next to Graduate Residence.
- Construction projects, whether on campus or in the city, will always result in some noise and disruption.
- Our goal is to minimize the impact where possible, while supporting support Queen’s commitment to staying on schedule to open the new Centre, which will be bringing together experiential learning spaces and mental health and wellness services to the heart of main campus.
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so that our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
- Important: Please print the BROWN WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone. You may also want to print a copy of the Residence Life move-in map 2018 (PDF).
- If you plan to arrive to Queen’s campus by plane, by train, by bus, or by taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697
- If you require extra assistance during move-in (e.g. a physical disability), please contact our Move-In Assistant as well.
Driving Instructions to GRADUATE RESIDENCE (JDUC) – Brown Zone
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in LEFT LANE, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Once past Union Street, stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Turn right onto Stuart Street
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on Stuart Street
- Continue on Stuart Street to David C. Smith House, on the left of Stuart Street
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Note: Grad Res has an elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Graduate Residence – Brown Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018– Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s
Move-In Information 2018:
From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
Turn right on Brock Street
Continue on Brock Street and stay in the LEFT LANE, to Barrie Street • Turn left on Barrie Street
Continue down Barrie Street to Union Street
Turn right onto Union Street and stay in the RIGHT LANE
Continue west on Union Street to the Graduate Residence (JDUC)