Graduate Residence, Student room #
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Located in the heart of campus in the John Deutsch University Centre (the JDUC), Graduate Residence, also known as Grad Res, is a 4-storey mixed gender living environment with approximately 20 students on each floor. All rooms are single and include an attached bathroom with shower.
Despite the name, only undergraduate students will be housed in Graduate Residence in 2018 and beyond.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Watch our YouTube video below for an example of a single room!
- Construction is ongoing for the new Innovation and Wellness Centre at the corner of Division and Union Street, located next to Graduate Residence.
- Construction projects, whether on campus or in the city, will always result in some noise and disruption.
- Our goal is to minimize the impact where possible, while supporting support Queen’s commitment to staying on schedule to open the new Centre, which will be bringing together experiential learning spaces and mental health and wellness services to the heart of main campus.
Important information about Moving-In
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the BROWN WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to GRADUATE RESIDENCE (JDUC) – Brown Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn RIGHT on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in the LEFT LANE, to Barrie Street
- Turn LEFT on Barrie Street
- Continue on Barrie Street to Union Street
- Turn RIGHT onto Union Street and stay in the RIGHT LANE
- Continue west on Union Street to the Graduate Residence (JDUC)
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
BROWN ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue on Union Street in the RIGHT LANE and turn RIGHT on University Avenue.
- Keeping Joseph S. Stauffer on your left, turn LEFT into Stauffer’s parking lot.
- Park your vehicle – free (3 hours maximum). Return to Grad Res on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear. Please do not park your car on-campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- Note: Grad Res has an elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Graduate Residence – Brown Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018– Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Brown & Orange Zones) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s