Graduate Residence, Student room #
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
Located in the heart of campus in the John Deutsch University Centre (the JDUC), Graduate Residence, also known as Grad Res, is a 4-storey mixed gender living environment with approximately 20 students on each floor. All rooms are single and include an attached bathroom with shower.
Despite the name, only undergraduate students will be housed in Graduate Residence in 2018 and beyond.
Want to see inside?
- Take our Virtual Tour!
- Take our Virtual Reality (VR) Tour!
- Watch our YouTube video below for an example of a single room!
- Construction is ongoing for the new Innovation and Wellness Centre at the corner of Division and Union Street, located next to Graduate Residence.
- Construction projects, whether on campus or in the city, will always result in some noise and disruption.
- Our goal is to minimize the impact where possible, while supporting support Queen’s commitment to staying on schedule to open the new Centre, which will be bringing together experiential learning spaces and mental health and wellness services to the heart of main campus.