Graduate Residence (JDUC)
Graduate Residence, Student room #
87 Union Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Open 24 hours/day
GRADUATE RESIDENCE (JDUC) – Brown Zone
Important: Print & put in your vehicle before move-in day JDUC WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn RIGHT on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in the LEFT LANE, to Barrie Street
- Turn LEFT on Barrie Street
- Continue on Barrie Street to Union Street
- Turn RIGHT onto Union Street and stay in the RIGHT LANE
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue west on Union Street to the Graduate Residence (JDUC)
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
BROWN ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS – VIEW PARKING MAP
- Continue on Union Street in the RIGHT LANE and turn RIGHT on University Avenue.
- Keeping Joseph S. Stauffer on your left, turn LEFT into Stauffer’s parking lot.
- Park your vehicle – free (3 hours maximum). Return to Grad Res on foot.
About Graduate Residence
Located in the heart of campus in the John Deutsch University Centre (the JDUC), Graduate Residence, also known as Grad Res, is a 4-storey mixed gender living environment with approximately 20 students on each floor. All rooms are single and include an attached bathroom with shower.
Despite the name, only undergraduate students will be housed in Graduate Residence in 2018 and beyond.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed gender environment
- Single rooms with attached bathroom (including shower)
- Bedroom size is typically 9 x 14.5 – please note that bedrooms can vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Located near food service outlets, indoor access to pub, variety store and hair salon
- Located in the centre of campus, adjacent to the Queen’s Centre and in between the library and the ARC
- Dedicated study rooms available within JDUC
- Washrooms – private washrooms/showers with each room
- Laundry – located on every floor
- Kitchens – full kitchens with sink, microwave and refrigerator are located on each floor
- Lounge – lounge with televisions located on every floor
- Wireless Internet – available in the lower levels of the building
- Vending Machines – located in the upper ceilidh of the JDUC