Graduate Residence (JDUC)
Graduate Residence, Student room #
87 Union Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
Victoria Hall Front Desk
Open 24 hours/day
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
About Graduate Residence
Located in the heart of campus in the John Deutsch University Centre (the JDUC), Graduate Residence, also known as Grad Res, is a 4-storey mixed gender living environment with approximately 20 students on each floor. All rooms are single and include an attached bathroom with shower.
Despite the name, only undergraduate students will be housed in Graduate Residence in 2018 and beyond.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- mixed-gender environment
- Single rooms with attached bathroom (including shower)
- Bedroom size is typically 9 x 14.5 – please note that bedrooms can vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Located near foodservice outlets, indoor access to the pub, variety store and hair salon
- Located in the centre of campus, adjacent to the Queen’s Centre and in between the library and the ARC
- Dedicated study rooms available within JDUC
- Washrooms – private washrooms/showers with each room
- Laundry – located on every floor
- Kitchens – full kitchens with sink, microwave and refrigerator are located on each floor
- Lounge – lounge with televisions located on every floor
- Wireless Internet – available in the lower levels of the building
- Vending Machines – located in the upper ceilidh of the JDUC