Gordon Brockington House, Student room #
Built in 1964, Gordon Brockington House was named for Donald Gordon, a former president of the Canadian National Railway and a trustee of Queen’s, and Leonard Brockington, Queen’s tenth and longest-serving rector. Gordon Brockington House is home to approximately 425 students on 6 floors.
|Want to see inside?|
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so that our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the PURPLE WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
You may also wish to print the Queen’s Residence Move-In Map 2018 (PDF) which has colour-coded routes and one-way streets marked.
Driving Instructions to GORDON/BROCKINGTON HOUSE – PURPLE ZONE
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn LEFT on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Collingwood Street
- Watch for PURPLE coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Turn RIGHT on Collingwood Street
- Continue down Collingwood Street to Gordon-Brockington Hall
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- Need a place to stay? Residence buildings and nearby streets are closed until 8:00 a.m. on September 1st and early move-in or storage is not available. If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to that date, be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- We ask that you do not send packages in advance, as we are not able to store items
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Note: There are elevators in Gord/Brock.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Gord/Brock – Purple Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s