Gordon Brockington House
Gordon Brockington House, Student room #
21 Collingwood Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3X3
Open 24 hours a day
Built in 1964, Gordon-Brockington House was named for Donald Gordon, a former president of the Canadian National Railway and a trustee of Queen’s, and Leonard Brockington, Queen’s tenth and longest-serving rector. Gordon Brockington House is home to approximately 425 students on 6 floors.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- a mixed-gender environment with mix of single, double, triple and quad rooms
- Bedrooms range in size from 9.25 x 15 to 14.5 x 15. Please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Gord’s (retail food outlet and lounge) is located within the building
- Indoor access to Leonard Dining Hall
- Music room located on the lower level
- Volleyball court located at the south end of the building
- Across from Lake Ontario and Breakwater Park
- A large common room on the main floor features a large-screen television and access to a kitchen
- Washrooms – three communal (but gender-specific) washrooms/showers on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens – a snack kitchen with sink, microwave and refrigerator is located on the ground floor
- Wireless Internet – available in the main common room on the lower level and at Gord’s
- Vending Machines – located on the main level
- Garbage Room – Located in the basement. Room 118
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, or other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at https://campuslinenscanada.com/.
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.