Chown Hall, student room #
175 Stuart Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
Open 24 hours a day
Chown Hall – Green Zone
Important: Print and put in your vehicle before move-in day: CHOWN HALL WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in LEFT LANE, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Once past Union Street, stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Turn right onto Stuart Street
- Stay in the RIGHT LANE on Stuart Street
- Continue on Stuart Street to Chown Hall, on the right side of Stuart Street
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
GREEN ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS – VIEW PARKING MAP
- Continue west on Stuart Street to St. Lawrence Avenue.
- Turn left onto St. Lawrence Avenue to King Street West.
- Turn left onto King Street West.
- Continue down King Street West to Barrie Street
- Turn left onto Barrie Street.
- Continue on Barrie to Union Street
- Turn left on Union Street
- Turn left on Arch Street
- Turn right into the Miller parking lot
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Chown Hall on foot.
Located on the north side of Stuart Street, this four-storey limestone residence was completed in 1960 and named after May Chown (BA 1911), who was treasurer of the Ban Righ Board for many years. Chown Hall is a mixed gender residence and features many interesting rooms and common spaces.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- Mixed gender environment with single, double and triple rooms on five floors, for just over 200 students
- Bedrooms range in size from 10 x 13 to 12 x 13. Please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Historic residence with interesting room features
- Large common room on main floor with large screen television
- Located near Kingston General Hospital and Nixon Field
- Washrooms – individual washrooms on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens –large common room with kitchen on the main level, snack kitchens on each floor
- Wireless Internet – available in the main level front foyer and lower level common room
- Vending Machines – located on the main level