Brant House, Student room #
Brant House was opened in September 2015, and is named for Drs. Marlene Brant Castellano and Clare Clifton Brant.
Dr. Brant Castellano (BA’55, LLD’91) is a leader in Aboriginal education and research who has dedicated her life to the rights and well-being of native peoples. She has taught in the Queen’s Faculty of Education and currently serves as the co-chair of the Queen’s Aboriginal Council of Queen’s University. An Officer of the Order of Canada, Dr. Brant Castellano has also been awarded the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and the National Aboriginal Achievement Award.
Dr. Clare Clifton Brant (MD’65) was Canada’s first Aboriginal psychiatrist and worked tirelessly to advance mental health issues relevant to Aboriginal peoples. He founded the Native Mental Health Association and was an Aboriginal health policy advisor to provincial and national health ministries. His seminal work, Native Ethics and Rules of Behaviour, continues to be extensively quoted in psychiatry, medical anthropology and sociological circles.
|Want to see inside?|
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018.
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so that our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
- Important: Please print the YELLOW WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone. You may also want to download and/or print a copy of the Residence Life move-in map 2018 (PDF).
Driving Instructions to BRANT HALL – Yellow Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn left on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Turn right on Albert Street
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions
- Continue on Albert Street to Brant House, on the right side of Albert Street
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots. Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Adelaide Hall does not have a passenger elevator.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Brant House – Yellow Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018– Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s