Brant House, Student room #
28 Albert Street
Kingston, ON K7L 0E6
Move In Information
Open from 8am-midnight
Brant House was opened in September 2015, and is named for Drs. Marlene Brant Castellano and Clare Clifton Brant.
Dr. Brant Castellano (BA’55, LLD’91) is a leader in Aboriginal education and research who has dedicated her life to the rights and well-being of native peoples. She has taught in the Queen’s Faculty of Education and currently serves as the co-chair of the Queen’s Aboriginal Council of Queen’s University. An Officer of the Order of Canada, Dr. Brant Castellano has also been awarded the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and the National Aboriginal Achievement Award.
Dr. Clare Clifton Brant (MD’65) was Canada’s first Aboriginal psychiatrist and worked tirelessly to advance mental health issues relevant to Aboriginal peoples. He founded the Native Mental Health Association and was an Aboriginal health policy advisor to provincial and national health ministries. His seminal work, Native Ethics and Rules of Behaviour, continues to be extensively quoted in psychiatry, medical anthropology and sociological circles.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- A mixed-gender environment with 271 single plus rooms and attached full washroom (shared between two rooms)
- The bedroom size is 9.5 x 15. Please note that bedrooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds are extra long (80″ x 54″) and require Queen-sized sheets
- Common room with cable television and full kitchen located in each wing
- * Televisions are provided in each student room in Smith and Brant houses, as well as in some lounges. Cable television can be accessed in the lounges only, while student room TVs have HDMI capability for gaming and streaming devices (ex. Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast), as well as laptop connection (adapter may be required).
- ** If your computer is wireless only, you will need to bring your own wireless router.
- Washrooms – semi-private, shared between 2 bedrooms
- Laundry – located on the main level
- Kitchens – all floors have common rooms with kitchens
- Vending machines located on the main floor
- In-room television*
- Wireless internet in each room **
- Refrigerator in each room
- Garbage Room – Located in the basement. Room 105
Bath & Bed Linens
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: https://campuslinenscanada.com/.
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.