Ban Righ Hall, Student room #
10 Bader Lane
The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen’s graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term “ban righ” is Gaelic for “wife of the King” — or “Queen”. Want to see inside? Take our Virtual Tour!
Please Note: There are no elevators in the building.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- There is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface lots
Ban Righ Hall – RED ZONE
- From Highway 401, take exit #617 to Division Street
- Continue south on Division Street to Princess Street
- Turn right on Princess Street
- Continue on Princess, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Continue down University Avenue to Union
- Once past Union, stay in the RIGHT LANE on University Avenue
- Turn right on Bader Lane Stay in the LEFT LANE on Bader Lane to Ban Righ Hall
- Stop, drop belongings/student for check-in
- Proceed to Parking: Continue down Bader Lane, turn right onto Albert Street, proceed to Tindall lot, entrance is on the right side of Albert Street
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM).
WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Ban Righ Hall) *Print and place in your windshield on Move-In Day