Ban Righ Hall, Student room #
The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen’s graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term “ban righ” is Gaelic for “wife of the King” — or “Queen”.
Want to see inside?
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
Moving in to Residences
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so that our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the RED WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone. You may also wish to print the Queen’s Residence Move-In Map 2018 (PDF) which has colour-coded routes and one-way streets marked.
Driving Instructions to BAN RIGH HALL – Red Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Plan for extra time to reach campus from the highway, due to increased traffic
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Johnson Street
- Turn left on Johnson Street
- Continue on Johnson Street, to University Avenue
- Turn right on University Avenue
- Continue down University Avenue to Union Street
- Once past Union Street, stay in the RIGHT LANE on University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Turn right on Bader Lane
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on Bader Lane to Ban Righ Hall
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- Need a place to stay? Residence buildings and nearby streets are closed until 8:00 a.m. on September 1st and early move-in or storage is not available. If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to that date, be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- We ask that you do not send packages in advance, as we are not able to store items
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one. Note: There is no elevator in Ban Righ Hall.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Ban Righ Hall – Red Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s