Ban Righ Hall, Student room #
The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen’s graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term “ban righ” is Gaelic for “wife of the King” — or “Queen”.
Want to see inside?
Important information about Moving-In
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at email@example.com or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the RED WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to BAN RIGH HALL – Red Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Plan for extra time to reach campus from the highway, due to increased traffic
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Johnson Street
- Turn left on Johnson Street
- Continue on Johnson Street, to University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Turn right on University Avenue
- Continue down University Avenue to Union Street
- Once past Union Street, stay in the RIGHT LANE on University Avenue
- Turn right on Bader Lane
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on Bader Lane to Ban Righ Hall
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
RED ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue on Bader Lane, then turn RIGHT onto Albert Street
- Proceed to Tindall surface parking lot. The entrance is on the right side of Albert Street
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Ban Righ Hall on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear. Please do not park your car on-campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Ban Righ Hall – Red Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Red Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s