Ban Righ Hall
Ban Righ Hall, Student room #
10 Bader Lane
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
Open 24 hours a day
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
About Ban Righ
The oldest residence at Queen’s, Ban Righ Hall was built in 1925 and was the culmination of about 15 years of work by the volunteer members of the Alumnae Association, the association of female Queen’s graduates, who entirely planned Ban Righ Hall and raised more than half of the money needed through teas, bake sales, bridge parties and small donations. The term “ban righ” is Gaelic for “wife of the King” — or “Queen”.
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
- All-female environment with single and double rooms on four floors
- Bedrooms range in size from 9.25 x 12 to 12 x 20-
- Please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
- Historic residences with interesting room features/sizes
- Two large and historic common/study rooms on main level
- Direct indoor access to Ban Righ Dining Hall and private dining rooms
- Located near Kingston General Hospital and across from Nixon Field
- Washrooms – communal washrooms on each floor
- Laundry – located on the lower level
- Kitchens –snack kitchens with microwave and fridge are located on some floors
- Wireless Internet – available in the main common rooms, main dining room and lower dining room
- Vending Machines – located on the main level
Bath & Bed Linens
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: https://campuslinenscanada.com/.
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- There are no elevators in this building.