Adelaide Hall, Student room #
|Located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street, Adelaide Hall is named for its benefactor, Adelaide McLaughlin, wife of R.S. McLaughlin. Opened in 1952, Adelaide Hall, or “Addy” as it is affectionately called by its residents, is the second oldest residence on campus and home to 115 Queen’s women.
Want to see inside?
Important information about moving in to residences
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room assignment, building address, move-in time, and designated parking area via e-mail at the end of August.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the GREEN WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone. You may also wish to print the Residence Life move-in map 2018 (PDF).
Driving Instructions to ADELAIDE HALL – Green Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in LEFT LANE, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Once past Union Street, stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Turn right onto Stuart Street
- Stay in the RIGHT LANE on Stuart Street
- Adelaide Hall is at the corner of Stuart Street and University Avenue
- Stop, Drop and Go Park (see image below).
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- You will receive a designated parking area. Queen’s University’s on-campus lots are free on Saturday, Sept. 1, however there is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface parking lots.
- Parking map coming soon.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear.
- There are no early arrivals available. Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m., and do not park your car on campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Adelaide Hall – Green Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP – *Coming soon
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s