Adelaide Hall, Student room #
|Located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street, Adelaide Hall is named for its benefactor, Adelaide McLaughlin, wife of R.S. McLaughlin. Opened in 1952, Adelaide Hall, or “Addy” as it is affectionately called by its residents, is the second oldest residence on campus and home to 115 Queen’s women.
Want to see inside?
Important information about Moving-In
Move-In Day is Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
- You will receive your room & building assignment and move-in time to your Queen’s email on Thursday, Aug. 23 around 4:30pm.
- Please respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups.
- If you need specific assistance moving in (e.g. a physical disability), or are arriving via public transit / taxi, please contact our Move-In Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-929-2697 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
- Volunteers will be on site to assist students from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please label all of your belongings with your name, building name and room number so our volunteers can assist you in getting your belongings to your room.
- Learn about what to bring and what not to bring to campus
Important: Please print the GREEN WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (PDF) and place it in your windshield before move-in day so our volunteers can direct you to the correct drop-off zone.
Please follow these driving instructions (not online maps or GPS) as there is construction in Kingston and a number of streets around the campus will be re-routed for Move-In Day.
Driving Instructions to ADELAIDE HALL – Green Zone
- From Highway 401, take exit #619 to Montreal Street
- Continue south on Montreal Street to Brock Street
- Turn right on Brock Street
- Continue on Brock Street and stay in LEFT LANE, to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Once past Union Street, stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Watch for coloured zone signs and follow police/volunteers’ directions.
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Turn right onto Stuart Street
- Stay in the RIGHT LANE on Stuart Street
- Adelaide Hall is at the corner of Stuart Street and University Avenue
- Stop, Drop belongings/student for check-in, Go Park (see image below)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping off belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
GREEN ZONE PARKING DIRECTIONS
- Continue west on Stuart Street to St. Lawrence Avenue.
- Turn left onto St. Lawrence Avenue to King Street West.
- Turn left onto King Street West.
- Continue down King Street West to Barrie Street
- Turn left onto Barrie Street.
- Continue on Barrie to park at either:
- Miller Parking Lot: from Barrie Street, turn LEFT onto Union Street, and then LEFT onto Arch Street, and the entrance to the Miller Parking Lot will be on your right.
- OR to the Queen’s Centre Underground Parking Lot: from Barrie Street, turn LEFT onto Union Street to Division Street, turn RIGHT onto Division Street and towards Clergy Street West, and the entrance to the Underground Parking lot will be to your left.
- OR to the Court House Parking Lot: continue down Barrie past Court Street, and the entrance to the Court House Parking lot will be on your right.
- Park your vehicle (3 hours MAXIMUM). Return to Adelaide Hall on foot.
- Campus streets will be closed the night before move-in day (Friday, August 31) to ensure the routes are clear. Please do not park your car on-campus overnight, as it will be towed.
- Please do not arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1.
- If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to move-in day, or after you have dropped off your student, please be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly.
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one.
- WINDSHIELD ZONE CARD (Adelaide Hall – Green Zone) – Download, print, and put in your vehicle before move-in day
- Queen’s University Residence Life move-in map 2018 – Download and print a copy
- PARKING MAP (Green Zone) – Download and print a copy
- Visit our Move-In Day page for everything you need to know before you arrive at Queen’s