Adelaide Hall, Student room #
137 Stuart Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
Open 24 hours a day
Note: Queen’s has 17 residence buildings – and they are all unique. Our oldest building – Ban Righ Hall, was built in 1925 – and our newest buildings – Brant and Smith -were built in 2015. That means each building is different in size, furnishings and layout – and that your room may not look at all like your neighbour’s room.
We’ve provided some photos and videos to give you an idea of our room types, but please know that your specific room may not look like the examples. Rooms vary quite a bit in size and furnishings. Some rooms have carpets, while others do not. Window sizes, closets and other features change from room to room.
We update buildings through a planned maintenance schedule, so the photos and videos on this website may not show recent improvements right away. Please keep this in mind when viewing our building pages.
Located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street, Adelaide Hall is named for its benefactor, Adelaide McLaughlin, wife of R.S. McLaughlin. Opened in 1952, Adelaide Hall, or “Addy” as it is affectionately called by its residents, is the second oldest residence on campus and home to 115 Queen’s women.
- All-female environment with single and double rooms on four floors
- Bedrooms range in size from 9.25 x 12 to 12 x 20. Please note that bedrooms vary considerably in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds require Twin-XL sized sheets
If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: www.campuslinenscanada.com . For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, & David C. Smith House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B. Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- Washrooms – communal washrooms on each floor
- Laundry – located in Ban Righ Hall on the lower level
- Kitchens – snack kitchens with microwave and fridge are located on some floors
- Wireless Internet – available in the main common room on the main level
- Vending Machines – located on the main level
- Historic residences with interesting room features/sizes
- Piano in main level common room
- Easy access to Ban Righ Hall and Ban Righ Dining Room
- Located near Kingston General Hospital and across from Nixon Field
- This building has a freight elevator, but no passenger elevators.