Please note that Residence is ‘substance-free’ during Orientation – no alcohol (even for students 19+) is allowed in Residence rooms or buildings. Illegal substances are strictly prohibited at all times. This page will help you find your week, so you register in the right place!
University Orientation comes first. That’s your first 2 days plus the following Sunday.
- If you’ll be living in residence, you will automatically be enrolled in “University Orientation.”
- If you’re not living in residence, you need to sign-up online for First Year Not in Residence Students (FYNIRS) Orientation
Faculty Orientation is next. After you’ve met the people you’ll be living with, it’s time to meet the people you’ll be studying with.
- If you’re going into first year, the Orientation Week you register for depends on which academic program you are going in to. You’ll get information specific to your program, while meeting and having an amazing time with the people you’ll have classes with!
- If you’re in the Faculty of Arts and Science, you participate in ASUS Orientation – UNLESS you are going into Computing or Concurrent Education – these programs run separate Orientation with information specific to your program.
- If you’re in the Commerce program, you participate in Commerce Orientation
- If you’re in the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, you participate in Engineering Orientation
- If you’re in the School of Nursing, you participate in Nursing Orientation
- If you’re in the School of Physical Education, Health Education or Kinesiology, you participate in PHE/KIN Orientation
- If you’re new to Queen’s, but not new to university, such as incoming exchange students, transfer students or students who lived in The Castle in first year, you need to register online for NEWTS Week.
- If you’re going into Graduate or Professional Studies, please contact your respective student society for Orientation information.