We are excited to welcome you safely to residence in September
Keep checking back for more details about move-in, including what to pack and when to arrive. Make sure to check out our frequently asked questions section for answers to more move-in questions you might have.
Queen’s University Move-In Video
Queen’s University Hospitality Services provides students living in residence with a hearty meal plan that suits the varying appetites of our student body. Upon acceptance of your residence offer, you will automatically be enrolled in the residence meal plan. The cost will be automatically included in your residence fees.
Your meal plan includes:
- 19 meals per week – 19 all-you-care-to-eat meals per week in your choice of 3 different dining halls.
- 200 Trade a Meals (TAM) – Our Trade a Meal option allows you to “trade-in” one of your dining hall meals for a designated Trade a Meal specials in retail! Simply look for the TAM logo in any of our participating retail locations on campus and let the cashier know you would like to use your meal plan TAM for that meal!
- 145 Flex $ – You receive $145 of Flex $ on top of your dining hall meals when you start the semester. Flex $ works like cash. The additional funds are added to your student card. Use your Flex $ at participating retail locations on Fresh to Go items, drinks, baked goods, and more. You can also use your Flex $ on top of a TAM meal. Add something extra to your TAM meal in a retail location, like a tasty dessert or a fresh piece of fruit! You never have to worry about running out of Flex $. Funds can be added to your student card at any time!
- Extra Bonus!: All residence students automatically opt into the ECO Container Progam, helping to reduce single-use containers on campus. Learn more about the ECO Container Program and its participating locations here.
Here’s what to bring:
- bedding and a favourite pillow*
- ethernet cable and wireless router*
- a small fridge* (7cubic feet or smaller)
- ear plugs
- bathrobe and container for soap, shampoo, etc. shower flip flops
- laundry basket or bag
- desk lamp
- memory foam
- alarm clock
- storage boxes for your room
- favourite books and decorations
- sticky-tack adhesive for decorations
- dishware and eating utensils
- a small first aid kit, thermometer, hand sanitizer flashlight and batteries
- winter clothing (scarves, hats, coats, etc.)
- semi-formal wear
*All single plus rooms require queen sheets and all other rooms require twin XL sheets.
When you receive your room assignment, visit our website to check your building page
for details on bedsheet sizes, wired/wireless internet and fridges.
Note: If you are interested in purchasing bed linens, pillows, bath packages, and other personal items to be delivered directly to your residence room, please contact Campus Linens at: https://campuslinenscanada.com/
For Leggett Hall, Watts Hall, Brant House, please order linen packages 4A or 4B.
Packages 1A to 3B will work for all other residences.
- a bed (some buildings have singles, others have doubles)
- a dresser and a mirror
- a desk and chair
- a bookshelf and bulletin board
- a closet or wardrobe
- internet access in each room
- laundry facilities and a reloadable laundry card
Some buildings have wired internet access, while others have wireless.
Every building has a common room, microwave, kettle and toaster.
*All floors also have an iron, ironing board and a vacuum.
Please leave at home:
- beer bottles and drinking games
- alcohol and illegal drugs
- hotplates, toaster ovens, microwaves, rice cookers and small cooking appliances
- candles, fireworks or firecrackers
- halogen lamps or sunlamps
- large stereos
- furniture – rooms come furnished, and you are not permitted to remove any furniture from your room
- weapons of any type or size (martial arts weapons must be stored outside of residence)
- pets – with the exception of approved service animals
Leave at home: hotplates/appliances with heating elements and small cooking appliances (deep fryer, rice cooker, microwave ovens, immersion heater, bread makers, etc) if you do choose to bring a kettle or toaster, we ask that you use it only in the common room.
Please note that Queen’s is a smoke and vape-free campus.
Before Coming to Residence – ResNet System Requirements
To be able to connect to Queen’s ResNet system, you must have:
- A Windows or Mac-based personal computer with a currently supported operating system.
- A 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet compatible network interface or one available USB port for an external network adapter.
- If your computer is wireless only, then you will need to install your own wireless router on your ResNet Ethernet connection.
Ensure that you have an Ethernet cable! Whether you connect your computer to the ResNet wall jack directly or use a wireless router, you must ensure that you have an Ethernet cable to plug into the wall jack. Most wireless routers have an Ethernet cable in the package, otherwise, you will need to purchase one.
For more information about internet in residence please visit our internet services page.
Please read the New Student IT Guide before coming to residences.
Have questions? Email us!
Move-In and Pre-Arrival
I require additional assistance moving in.
If you need specific assistance moving in, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.