Don’t save up your dirty laundry all semester – we’ve got you covered! Laundry services are available in each of our residence buildings.
Every residence building has a laundry room equipped with Front Loading washers and dryers. Front-loading machines require High-Efficiency laundry detergent. Instructions are posted in each laundry room with steps on how to use the machines, including the proper amount of soap to use per wash. A picture of additional instructions, provided by Coinamatic, is at the bottom of this page.
You require a laundry card to pay for and activate a machine. You can load your card with funds using the machines located in our residence buildings.
The cost to wash is $2.25 per load and $1.85 per load to dry. Please ensure that you only put one load of clothes into the dryer and empty the lint screen when you are done.
To find out your laundry room location, please click on our building page and select your specific building assignment. Laundry room locations are listed under “Building Services.”
To directly report a maintenance issue with a laundry machine, call Coinamatic at 1-800-561-1972.
Here are the answers to some of your popular questions.
Where do I get my laundry card?
It will be in your room when you move in
Where is the laundry room?
Every residence building has a laundry room equipped with Front Loading washers and dryers. To find out your laundry room location, please click on our building page and select your specific building assignment. Laundry room locations are listed under “Building Services.”
Where are the laundry card reloading machines?
Laundry card reloading machines are located in Gordon Brockington, Leggett Hall, Victoria Hall, Watts Hall, Jean Royce Hall Phase 1, Waldron Tower and the Graduate Residence.
SmartCity Smart Card Locations (Debit Credit Reload Centre and Cash Reload Centres):
|Gordon Brockington||Debit Credit Machine Only|
|Graduate Residence||Debit Credit Machine Only|
|Leggett Hall||Debit Credit Machine Only|
|Victoria Hall||Debit Credit AND Cash Reload Centre|
|Waldron Tower||Debit Credit Machine Only|
|Watts Hall||Debit Credit Machine Only|
|Jean Royce Hall Phase 1||Debit Credit AND Cash Reload Centre|
To reload your laundry card in both Brant and David C. Smith House please download the Coinamatic CP Mobile App.
How do I reload my laundry card on a debit/credit machine?
What cards are accepted?
Debit cards, MasterCard and Visa.
Debit Credit Machine Reload Instructions:
Step 1. Press 1 for English or 2 for French
Step 2. Press 1 to Add Value
Step 3. Please Select Load Amount: $10, $20 or $30
Step 4. Making Payment
a) Using Debit Card
- Insert your debit card into the card reader at the bottom of the device when prompted.
- The total purchase amount will display. Press F1 (Yes) to continue or F2 (No) to cancel.
- Select CHQ or SAV. Enter your PIN and press OK.
b) Using a VISA or MasterCard
- If your card has a chip, insert it into the card reader at the bottom of the device when prompted. If your card has a magstripe, please swipe it when prompted.
- Press F1 (Yes) to accepted network fees (if applicable) or F2 (No) to cancel.
- The total amount with network fees will display. Press F1 (Yes) to continue or F2 (No) to cancel.
- If you are using a CHIP card, you will be prompted to enter your PIN and press OK.
- Your transaction will process.
Step 5. Once the transaction is approved, you will be instructed to INSERT YOUR LAUNDRY CARD into the card reader at the bottom of the device. Your new laundry card balance will be displayed. Please leave your laundry card inserted until instructed to remove it. A receipt will be printed.
Step 6. REMOVE YOUR LAUNDRY CARD and take your receipt
Need Service or Assistance? 1-800-561-1972 or email@example.com.
Check out our video tutorial for step-by-step instructions on how to load your laundry card
How do I reload my laundry card using the Coinomatic App? ( Brant and Smith House only)
Coinomatic App Instructions:
- Download the Coinomatic CP Mobile App
- Enable Bluetooth (Wifi or Data required)
- Register/Sign In
- Add Funds
- Load clothes and select desired settings on the machine
- On the app, enter machine # or scan QR code on the reader and pay for the cycle
- Press start on machine
*Note: Download the app AND add funds to receive a free wash and dry!*
How do I reload my laundry card on a cash reload machine?
Cash Reload Centre (Victoria Hall and Jean Royce Hall Phase 1 Only):
1) Insert Laundry Card
2) View Your Balance on the screen (Maximum Value on Card Limited to $50)
3) Insert $10 or $20 Bill in the slot
4) To Cancel, Press * on the pin pad and remove your laundry card
5) Remove Laundry Card when prompted on the screen
Can We Help? 1-800-561-1972
How do I use a front-loading washing machine?
What are the costs?
Each load cost $4.10 ($2.25 wash and $1.85 dry).
Please note: pricing is determined by Coinamatic and is subject to change.
What type of laundry detergent should I use?
Coinamatic suggests using detergent specially formulated for high-efficiency front-loading washers.
Look for the HE symbol on the detergent packaging.
If you are using regular deterigent please use only ¼ cup.