Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Ensuring a safe and secure environment to promote student wellbeing and success is one of the key priorities of Queen’s Housing and Ancillary Services.
For the latest updates and all COVID-19 information from the university, please visit the university’s COVID information website.
To learn more about our residence wastewater initiative click here.
COVID-19 Residence FAQs
I have been told to isolate. What do I do?
Please refer to the Residence Isolation Protocol and refer to your email from residence with specific instructions and guidance.
I’m sick, what should I do?
If you develop symptoms, are directed by a health care professional to self-isolate, or otherwise suspect that you may have COVID19, call the Victoria Hall Front Desk (613-533-2531).
The front desk will provide instructions on the need and steps to consult healthcare professional (SWS, Telehealth)
Make sure you familiarize yourself with the isolation protocol.
What are preventative measures I can take?
- Wear a mask
- Maintain physical distance
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm, not into your hand. Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes with your hands.
- If you feel ill, follow the steps outlined in the Residence Isolation Protocol
- Get your influenza vaccine – available on campus through Student Wellness Services.
- Eat healthy foods and stay physically active to keep your immune system strong.
- Get plenty of rest or sleep.
How is residence supporting physical distancing protocols?
Public health agencies across the globe are recommending physical and social distancing as a way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Public health recommends that we maintain a 2-metre distance between ourselves and others, and refrain from shaking hands and other personal contact.
- Residents have been assigned to designated lounges to limit the number of people accessing common spaces.
- No guests are permitted in residence
- Additional signage in residence is in place to raise awareness of handwashing and social distancing guidelines
While these measures will help, it is up to all of us, individually, to adhere to the social distancing guidelines in order to keep our communities safe.
What are the cleaning protocols in Residence?
Residences follow a strict cleaning protocol, including cleaning and disinfecting, with special attention being paid to high frequency touch points. See details here. High frequency touch points include:
i. Light switches
ii. Elevator buttons
iii. Door knobs/ handles
iv. Push/pull plates on doors
v. All washroom fixtures
vi. Water fountains
vii. Chair handles
viii. Soap/ hand sanitizer dispensers
ix. Paper dispensers
x. Handle rails
The soap/hand sanitizer dispenser is empty – who should I tell?
To report an empty dispenser, submit a Maintenance Request Order (MRO) via the Student Residence and Dining Portal.
Where can I find more COVID-19 general information?
The University is maintaining a website with the most up to date information- https://www.queensu.ca/covidinfo/