Want to change rooms?
To request a room change, you will need to complete a Room Change Request Form on the Student Web, outlining why you feel a room change is necessary and detailing what efforts you have made to address and resolve issues.
Please note the following before requesting a room change:
- the information that you use to complete the Room Change Request Form will be shared with Residence Admissions and the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) for your building. Your RLC may request a meeting with you to discuss your request.
- Please note that not all medical requests are prioritized. If you would like your request to be placed on a prioritized list due to medical reason, you must have your doctor fill out the Residence Special Considerations Forms (Medical) and fax it to our office. Alternately, the doctor can provide the form in a sealed envelope to be given to our office by the student. This is the only form that will be considered. Prescription notes and notes on Doctor letterhead are not accepted. Even if your documentation is accepted, there still may be a wait for a suitable room that meets your doctor’s recommendation as it will be based on room availability. It’s often difficult to honour medical requests after students have moved in due to lack of vacant suitable rooms. If you receive an offer that meets your doctor’s recommendation and refuse, you will no longer be considered a medical priority. All medical information is kept confidential and used only by the Residence Office to prioritize requests
- Room changes are based on the merit of the request, not first come, first served. They also depend on availability and may take some time, as residences are typically full.
- Room offers are based on available rooms and accommodate specific issues, not preferences. We do not offer showings or tours of offered rooms. If we offer a suitable room and you decline, your name will be moved to the bottom of the list.
- Certain room changes may result in different room charges, which can affect your student account.
- If a room change is offered and is not due to a medical condition or roommate conflict (that could not be resolved with Don intervention), a $25 administration and room cleaning fee may apply.
- If you are being offered a double, triple or quad room, you will not be given information about your new roommates or a chance to meet them, due to privacy policies that protect student rights.