Your Room Assignment
- Please note that the number of upper-year beds available in residences changes from year to year and is subject to change.
- The number of spaces available for upper year students is directly related to the number of first year guaranteed spaces.
- The residence contract is an 8 month contract (or 4 month for half term exchange students). If you only plan to stay for one term, please be aware that you are financially responsible for the full 8 months unless you can find another upper year student to take over your contract.
- Rooms are assigned after all deposits have been paid and student staff rooms have been assigned. Your room assignment (specific room number) will be emailed to you late summer.
- Returning students are eligible for re-admission to Residence or University-owned, off campus housing (administered by Community Housing), based on several factors, including a history of responsible behaviour and positive contributions to the quality of life in residence. You must also be a registered, full-time student at Queen’s and be willing to contribute to a positive living environment.
- Residence reserves the right to refuse admission to any student who has been found responsible for a Level 3 Offence while living in Residence. If you have been found to be in violation of the Residence Rules and Regulations at an offence of Level 2 or above while in residence, please identify this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If rooms are filled when an Upper Year student applies, they can email Residence Admissions to be placed on the waiting list. We are typically able to accommodate our wait list after Don hiring has been done and rooms are released after Dons are hired.