A copy of the Special Consideration Form (Non-Medical) and/or the Residences health accommodation form, along with appropriate documentation must be completed and submitted with your application if you require accommodation. the medical form should be filled out if your accommodation is based on any disability or medical condition. The non-medical form should be filled out if your accommodation is for height, dietary need, and/or requirements related to lifestyle, culture, gender or religious needs. Please read the instructions on the form carefully before submitting.
Medical information provided on the special consideration form is considered confidential and will only be viewed by the Manager of Residence Admissions (and potentially shared with health professionals within Health, Counselling and Disabilities) to make an informed decision on room placement or with the Security team if students will require help during an emergency evacuation.
- The special consideration form must be mailed, e-mailed or faxed by your health care professional. Alternately, they can give it to the student in a sealed envelope with the physicians stamp. It must be received by our office on or before the application deadline to be considered. We are only able to make arrangements for students who submit the Special Consideration form with the application form by the deadline. Pre-existing conditions will not be considered after rooms have been assigned.
- Information regarding any required room adaptations must be submitted along with your application
- Room changes based on medical needs after the application deadline will only be considered if they are under extreme circumstances and may not be able to be accommodated.
- Queen’s Residences is a high-density living environment. It may be difficult to control that environment in regards to a medical condition. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle and medical condition.
- We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities to the best of our ability; however please note that you may not be placed in the residence of your preference.
- Please contact the Residence Admissions office if you have a parent, guardian, or sibling with a disability such as mobility, vision or hearing impairment that would require accommodation when visiting your residence building.
- We accommodate service animals – please read our Service Animal Policy
For more information watch our video: