The Winter term exchange application is closed. If you would like to be on our waitlist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to apply?
- For Winter term exchange students, a lottery will be held for all applications received by the deadline of October 30th. When both the application and deposit are received, you will be notified that your application is complete.
- Move-in day instructions will be provided to all successful candidates (at their Queen’s email address)
- A deposit of $525 CDN must accompany your application.
- Once your residence application is submitted, a $525 charge is applied to your Student Financial Account.
- Deposits must be made in Canadian or US funds by wire transfer. We do not accept credit card payments, post-dated cheques or email money transfers.
- We can not process an application unless there is a deposit
Instructions for wire transfer
Some international students may find it more convenient to send their deposit by bank wire transfer. Please note that this method can take time to process and you may be asked to trace your payment.; We encourage you to make the payment well in advance of our deadline. Students should also be advised that, aside from the initial bank, the receiving bank may also impose a charge and additional handling charges on the wire transfer.
**Ensure that your name and Queen’s student number are included with your wire transfer
For instructions on how to do a wire transfer to Queen’s, please follow this link: http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/financials/HowToPay/wire-transfers
- The $525 deposit is non-refundable. The deposit will be applied to your residence fees. If you are unsuccessful in gaining a spot in the lottery, the full $525 will be refunded to you.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, exchange students are offered a room only (no meal plan)
*A variety of optional meal plans will be available for students choosing the room only option. Students will also have access to a common room with a small kitchenette.
- We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities who have been successful in the room lottery. If you have a disability or medical condition you would like to be considered when we are assigning rooms, please have your doctor fill out the Residences health accommodation form (Jan 2019) . This form must be sent to Residences directly from your doctor or provided to you in a sealed envelope from your doctor to give to us.
- If you are asking for room accommodation based on height (long bed for students 6’4″ and taller), cultural/religious, or sexual orientation or gender identity/expression reasons, please fill out the non-health accommodation form for residences. Both forms MUST be submitted for consideration with your residence application.
- Forms received after the application deadline will considered however, we are typcially limited in what accommodations we can offer after the deadline. Please note that residence is high density living and it may be difficult to control the environment in regards to special considerations. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle.
- Please read our policy on Service Animals: Queen’s Residence Service Animal Guidelines
Our Agreement with You
Read the Community Standards Handbook carefully. Click here to open the Community Standards Handbook You are entering into a legal agreement for the next four months (half term) and should be familiar with your obligations and our policies. You cannot get out of your residence contract unless you formally withdraw from the University. We encourage you to read about Jean Royce Hall on the buildings tab and look at the virtual tour so you are familiar with the building and living arrangements before you arrive.
When you are ready to begin your application, click the button at the bottom of the page to agree that you have read this information before proceeding to the application.
Please make sure that you apply using the correct application using the term dates that you will be studying at Queens below:
Winter Term: January-April
Please contact us:
Residence Admissions Office
Victoria Hall, 75 Bader Lane
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N8