Applications for the Fall only and Fall and Winter terms will be available on March 1, 2017.
Please note, you will only be able to access the application once you have received an offer of Admission from Queen’s
Ready to apply?
- Fall only and Fall/Winter Term application and deposit are both due by July 1, 2017
- Room assignment success: mid-July, 2017
- Move in day instructions will be provided to all successful candidates (at their Queen’s email address)
- A deposit of $525 CDN must accompany your application and is due by July 1, 2017
- Once your residence application is submitted, a $525 charge is applied to your Student Financial Account.
- Deposits must be made in Canadian or US funds by wire transfer. We do not accept credit card payments, post dated cheques or email money transfers.
- We can not process an application unless there is a deposit
Instructions for wire transfer
Some international students may find it more convenient to send their deposit by bank wire transfer. Please note that this method can take time to process and you may be asked to trace your payment.; We encourage you to make the payment well in advance of our deadline. Students should also be advised that, aside from the initial bank, the receiving bank may also impose a charge and additional handling charges on the wire transfer.
To wire funds:
Payable To: Queen’s University
Bank: Bank of Montreal
Address and Phone Number:
297 King Street East
Bank Number: 001
Transit Number : 00162
Account Number : 1046-122
Swift Code : BOFMCAM2
Routing Number: ABA000100162
IBAN Number: 0001001621046122
**Ensure that your name and Queen’s student number are included with your wire transfer
- The $525 deposit is non-refundable. The deposit will be applied to your residence fees. If there are no available rooms after you have submitted your deposit, the full $525 will be refunded to you.
Room Assignment Process
A total of 82 rooms have been allocated in Queen’s residence for the entire school year. Rooms are assigned by a computer lottery process and are not guaranteed.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, exchange students are offered a room only (no meal plan)
*A variety of optional meal plans will be available for students choosing the room only option. Students will also have access to a common room with a small kitchenette.
Special Needs and Disability
- We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities who have been successful in the room lottery. If you have a disability or medical condition you would like to be considered when we are assigning rooms, please have your doctor fill out the Residence Special Considerations Forms (Medical). This form must be sent to Residences directly from your doctor or provided to you in a sealed envelope from your doctor to give to us.
- If you are asking for room accommodation based on height (long bed), religious, or sexual and/or gender identity reasons, please fill in the non-medical special consideration form. Special Consideration Form (Non-Medical) Both forms MUST be submitted for consideration by July 1, 2017.
- Forms received after the application deadline will only be considered if they are under exceptional circumstances and will be subject to availability. Please note that residence is high density living and it may be difficult to control the environment in regards to special considerations. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle.
- Please read our policy on Service Animals: Queen’s Residence Service Animal Policy
Our Agreement with You
Read the Residence Agreement carefully. You are entering into a legal agreement for the next four months (half term) or 8 months (full term) and should be familiar with your obligations and our policies. You cannot get out of your residence contract unless you formally withdraw from the University. We encourage you to read about Jean Royce Hall on the buildings tab and look at the virtual tour so you are familiar with the building and living arrangements before you arrive.
Please contact us:
Write us: Residence Admissions Office
Victoria Hall, 75 Bader Lane
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
When you are ready to begin your application, click the button at the bottom of the page to agree that you have read this information before proceeding to the application.
Please make sure that you apply using the correct application using the term dates that you will be studying at Queens below:
Full Term: September-April
Fall Term: September-December
Winter Term: January-April