Campus Resources

Safety and Security

Campus Security and Emergency Services

Learn more about services offered by Campus Security and what to do in case of an emergency

Student Safety and Community Living website

This website provides you with the information and resources you need to stay safe, both on and off-campus

AMS Walkhome

This student-run safety service provides safe walks to students on campus and within the Kingston community

Safe Walk

Campus Security provides escorted walks from one point on campus to another for staff, faculty and students when Walkhome is off duty. This service is provided at any time, day or night, all year round.

Campus Health Resources

Student Wellness Services (SWS)

SWS provides services in three broad areas: medical, counselling/advising, and for individuals with disabilities. SWS is located on the ground floor of Mitchell Hall, 69 Union Street

Counselling Services 

Tel: 613.533.6000 x 78264

Call between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm to book an appointment


Residence Counsellors are here to help and listen.

Are you a student living in residence wanting to speak with a mental health professional?
Feel free to make a same-day appointment with one of your Queen’s Residence Counsellors.

Nadia Sawaya Fehr 

Residence Counsellor

Jason Summers

Residence Counsellor

How to make a same-day counselling appointment.

All residence counselling appointments are booked same-day through Student Wellness Services by calling 613-533-2506.
To ensure you are booked with a Residence Counsellor, please indicate on the phone that:

a) You are a student living in residence
b) You would like to see a Residence Counsellor

First appointment? Make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment. We have some paperwork for you to fill out to help us serve you best. Paperwork will be located outside of the counsellor’s offices when you arrive.

The Residence Counselling offices are located in Victoria Hall and are confidential spaces designed for your comfort.

If you have any questions about what to expect in a session or whether you should make an appointment, feel free to email our front desk Student Wellness Service staff at

What other resources are available?

Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)

A Student Wellness Services mental health support for all Queen’s students. TAO provides 24/7 secure access to online resources to help students manage stress and anxiety.

Download the ‘TAO Mobile’ app

Connect with Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)

  1. Go to:
  2. Enter your name and Queen’s University email address on the enrolment form.
  3. Create a password
  4. Leave the ‘EnrolmentKey’ field blank. Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent Form, and click ‘Sign Me Up!’
  5. Check your email. You will be sent a confirmation link that you must click before signing in.

Empower Me

Empower Me allows Queen’s University students to connect with qualified counsellors, consultants, and life coaches for a variety of issues. As a Queen’s University student you’re entitled to sessions delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling.

Download the iAspiria mobile app for additional Empower Me student assistance tools. Enter “Studentcare” as the Login ID and select “Student” in the drop-down menu.

Connect with Empower Me

  • Call the 24/7 helpline at 1-844-741-6389 from anywhere in North America to be directly connected to a trained counsellor—the person answering the phone is not an operator, administrator, or receptionist.
  • Log in to the Empower Me website and use “Studentcare” as the password.

Queen’s First Aid (QFA)

On-call and event-based service for First Aid assistance providing prompt response that is both confidential and free of charge. To request their on-call service, contact the Emergency Report Centre: 613-533-6111, or use any blue light emergency phone. This service is available 24/7 during the regular academic year, excluding Thanksgiving weekend, Reading Week, and exam periods.

Campus Observation Room (COR)

A friendly, safe, non-judgmental place where students who have had too much to drink can come to sleep it off. All Queen’s students and guests to Queen’s are welcome at COR – however, we do not admit St. Lawrence, RMC or local high school students. Located in Victoria Hall, room A010 behind Lazy Scholar. The COR is only open in September and on St. Patrick’s Day. Tel: 613.533.6911

Sexual Health Resource Centre (SHRC)

Confidential, non-judgmental, pro-choice, queer positive and feminist information and referral service for questions regarding sex, sexuality and sexual health. Located in room 223 of the JDUC, above the Queen’s Pub. Tel: 613.533.2959

Sexual Violence and Intimate Partner Violence

Call Counselling Services at 613 533 6000 ext. 78264 for confidential support, safety planning, accompaniment information, counselling, and referral to additional campus and community resources

Cross-Cultural Counsellor

Arunima Khanna


Outreach Counsellor (School of Business) 

Marissa Piribauer


AMS Peer Support Centre

Drop-in social and personal support from a trained peer support person. Located in room 34 of the JDUC.

Tel: 613.533.6000 x75111

Academic Counselling and Tutoring 

The transition to university life is a big one – and part of it is adjusting to the challenges and workload that are part of being a Queen’s student. At Queen’s you are never alone. We have many offices dedicated to helping you learn, think, and do. No matter what faculty or school you belong to at Queen’s, there are people on staff to help you with your academics.

Academic Grievance Centre, AMS

The Academic Grievance Centre is the place to go if you have any questions or concerns about academic grievances, discipline, or regulations.

University Ombudsperson

The central role of the office is to help ensure procedural fairness in university decision making. 

You may contact the Office of the University Ombudsperson for information about student rights and responsibilities and guidance on policy and procedure by visiting their website at, or by e-mail at