Accessible Packing List
- a bed (some buildings have singles, others have doubles)
- a dresser and a mirror
- a desk and chair
- a bookshelf and bulletin board
- a closet or wardrobe
- internet access in each room
- laundry facilities and a reloadable laundry card
Some buildings have wired internet access, while others have wireless.
Every building has a common room, microwave, kettle and toaster.
*All floors also have an iron, ironing board and a vacuum.
Please leave at home:
- alcohol and illegal substances
- hotplates and small cooking appliances (kettle, coffee maker, toaster, toaster oven, deep fryer, rice cooker, microwave ovens, immersion heater, etc)
- candles, fireworks or firecrackers
- halogen lamps or sunlamps
- large stereos
- furniture – rooms come furnished, and you are not permitted to remove any furniture from your room
- weapons of any type or size (martial arts weapons must be stored outside of residence)
- pets – with the exception of approved service animals
Please note that Queen’s is a smoke and vape-free campus.
Here’s what to bring:
- bedding and a favourite pillow*
- ethernet cable and wireless router*
- a small fridge* (7cubic feet or smaller)
- ear plugs
- bathrobe and container for soap, shampoo, etc. shower flip flops
- laundry basket or bag
- desk lamp
- memory foam
- alarm clock
- storage boxes for your room
- favourite books and decorations
- sticky-tack adhesive for decorations
- dishware and eating utensils
- a small first aid kit, thermometer, hand sanitizer flashlight and batteries
- winter clothing (scarves, hats, coats, etc.)
- semi-formal wear
*All single plus rooms require queen sheets and all other rooms require twin XL sheets. When you receive your room assignment, visit our website to check your building page for details on bedsheet sizes, wired/wireless internet and fridges.