Queen’s Academics 101 guide covers the academic transition to university, from workload to exam prep, and everything in between.
As a first-year student, you probably have questions about university-level academic expectations and academic writing.
Queen’s University Student Academic Success Services (SASS) offers many resources to support you in your first year, including Academics 101!
*All workshops are 1:30pm-2:20pm @ Stauffer Library seminar room 121, unless specified.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 – Intro to Writing in the Sciences
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 –Writing Skills for Undergraduates – 1:30pm-2:20pm @ QUIC in the JDUC
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 – Developing Arguments in Essays
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 – Procrastination, Focus & Motivation
- Thursday, Oct. 11 – Ace that Midterm!
- Friday, Oct. 12 – Ace that Midterm!
- Thursday, Oct. 18 – Beyond Spellcheck: Editing Writing
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 – Catching up in School
- Monday, Oct. 29 – Research & Writing Strategies for Independent Projects
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Improving Presentation Skills
- Thursday, Nov. 15 – Catching Up: Finish the Semester Strong
- Friday, Nov. 16 – Writing in the Sciences
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 – Improve your Writing
- Sunday, Nov. 25 – Get It Done! All-day Study Event – 12pm to 7pm @ Ban Righ
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 – Multiple Choice Exam Success
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 – Preparing for University Exams – 1:30pm-2:20pm @ QUIC in the JDUC