Working For Residences
Looking for a part-time position in Residences? We have a number of opportunities, both during the school year and the summer months:
Front Desk Staff – We offer a range of shifts during the school year and the summer months for students who wish to work at one of our five front desks. Applications are now being accepted for the following positions:
- Download the complete Job Package for Night Auditor position. Applications due Friday, Jan. 22, 2016
- Download the complete Job Package for Desk Services Representative position. Applications due Monday, Jan. 25, 2016
- Download the complete Job Package for Returning Desk Representatives. Applications due Friday, Jan. 15, 2016
Student Staff – Residence Dons and Facilitators are an important part of our Residence Life team. Click here for more information. Applications due Friday, Jan. 8, 2016.
Hospitality Staff – Hospitality Services recruits students interested in acting as an Ombudsperson, or a liaison between the department and student meal plan holders. Note: no positions currently available. View Ombudsperson Job Description (PDF).
Residence Conduct Board – If you are dynamic, enthusiastic, hard working and want to make a difference to the residence community, consider a position on the Residence Conduct Board. Students on the board deliberate on matters concerning Residence Rules and Regulations, and make decisions regarding appeals of Level One and Level Two violations of the Residence Rules and Regulations. The positions offer a range of personal and professional development opportunities, as well as a great way to add to your resume. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
- Chairs of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are responsible for facilitating and ensuring that standard procedures are followed during the Residence Conduct Board hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
- Members-at-Large of the Residence Conduct Board (RCB) are members of the Residence Conduct Board who help to uphold Residence Rules and Regulations and are decision makers at hearings. Remuneration for this position is provided.
Event Services Staff – Queen’s Event Services hires students throughout the year to provide support for on-campus events and accommodations. If you’re interested in applying, submit your resume to the Event Services office (opens in new window) across from the Front Desk in Victoria Hall.
Facilities Staff – The Facilities Control Centre hires Casual Caretakers to work in residences during the summer months. Applications are available at the Facilities Control Centre (lower level, Victoria Hall). Complete the online job application here (opens in new window).
Residence Technology – Working under the supervision and direction of Residence Technology, the Desktop Support and Network Technician will be part of a team responsible for testing all ResTel and ResNet connections and providing desktop support services to the Queen’s Housing and Hospitality Services department.