All residents a specific telephone number and telephone in residence, along with voice messaging, 3-way calling and call display. Your phone number is provided with your room assignment and will stay with you even if you move to another room. Please ensure that you use the jack in your room that corresponds with your telephone number.
Problems with your phone? Take it to your front desk to have your phone tested or replaced.
What’s my phone number? Dial “74111″ from your room phone to find out!
You are responsible for the security of your telephone equipment and any charges that are made in association with your telephone set. The University may cancel or terminate this agreement to preserve the integrity of the network, or comply with laws, or if you abuse or misuse the telephone service or system.
Placing a Call with your ResTel Phone
To place a call to another ResTel extension, dial the last five digits of the number listed in the ResTel Directory. All other numbers at the University are accessible by dialing the last five digits of the listed number.
To place a call to Kingston and area dial 9+ 7 – digit number. Locations, which can be called without long distance charges, are listed in the Bell Canada directory. Special local calling numbers such as 310 can be reached by dialing 9 310 + 4 digits.
Bell Relay Service (BCRS): The Bell Relay Service Operator can be reached for TTY/Teletypewriter users by dialing 9 711. Telephone users should dial 1 800 855 0511.
Directory Assistance Note: You will be billed separately by Queen’s Residence Services for all operator-assisted calls (person-to-person calls, collect calls, local public phone reversal calls, etc.). They are not included in your long-distance service.
Local: dial 9411 Long Distance: (Area code 613) dial 9411
(Other Area codes) dial 9 1 + Area code + 555 1212
Overseas Directory Assistance: Dial 0 for the residence front desk. Ask the desk for Overseas Directory Assistance.
Directory Assistance for 800 / 888 / 877: Dial 9 1 800 555 1212
For Bell Canada direct dial for overseas calls: Dial 9 1 800 555 1111
Bell Canada Operator: Dial 1 800 555 1111
Queen’s University is pleased to announce the selection of Metcom Canada Inc (Metcom), to provide Long Distance Services for Students living at Queen’s University Residence. The program offers competitive long distance rates within Canada or USA at $0.012/minute. Registration is easy - Please contact Customer Service at 855-663-8266 – Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Alternatively, long distance calling cards are available from a vending machine in the upper lobby of Victoria Hall and from the desks at Jean Royce Hall and Waldron Tower.
Queen’s ResTel Service Agreement
1. By signing your residence application form, the residence agreement, and accepting your residence room, your ResTel phone becomes part of the agreement between Queen’s University Residences and you.
2. This contract remains in effect until the end of your academic year, or if you withdraw from residence for academic, medical or disciplinary reasons.
3. You are responsible for ensuring that your telephone equipment is kept in good working order and will not contribute to any degradation of the telephone service. You are responsible for the security of your telephone and any charges made in connection with your telephone. Tampering with telephone equipment, wall jacks, or a communication room is prohibited.
4. You will be held responsible for damage, lost property, service and administrative costs through accident, neglect or intent.
5. ResTel does not guarantee uninterrupted telephone service and, as such, cannot be held liable, either directly or indirectly as a result of service failure. We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to ResTel property in your room.
6. The University may terminate or temporarily suspend your contract, without notice, in the event of a situation that makes continued operation of ResTel service not feasible. The University may cancel or terminate this contract to preserve the integrity of the network, or comply with laws, or if you abuse or misuse the telephone service.
7. Abuse of phone and/or network services of any kind will not be tolerated. Abuse includes unwanted sexual and/or harassing phone calls; using another student’s phone without permission; or other forms of unacceptable behaviour as defined by the Queen’s Code of Conduct.