Apply to be a Residence Don
Why be a Don?
Being a Residence Don provides a rewarding experience, not only in impacting the student experience on-campus, but also in receiving opportunities to develop and hone a wide array of transferable life and career skills. The Residence Life Department is committed to providing a supportive, safe and positive environment, where both our residents and staff members can learn and grow.
Wondering what a Don is? Wondering what a Don does?
Please read The Residence Don Job Summary and the Residence Don Job Contract 2015-2016 Residence Don job Contract to learn more about the position of a don. The appendix for the Senior Don, Shared Don Appointment, Living Learning Community Don, and Single Don appointment with shared accommodations are also available if applying for those positions.
Also, you can check out this video:
What’s a Don?
If you are currently a full time Queen’s student and you wish to apply for the upcoming year please submit your Don Application 2015-2016 online by clicking on “Apply Here” by 12:00 PM (noon) on January 5th, 2015.
If you currently do not have a Queen’s student number and you wish to apply to for the upcoming year (plan to be a Queen’s student in September 2015), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application form.
If you are a new don you will also be required to submit two Don Reference Form with your application package.
For additional information and to meet some of our current staff team, please attend one of our upcoming Don Information Sessions.
Don Information Sessions
- Tuesday, November 25, 5:00 to 7:00 pm Stauffer Library Room 121
- Wednesday, November 26, 12:00 to 2:00 pm Stauffer Library Room 121
- Wednesday, November 26, 8:00 to 10:00 pm Victoria Hall Main Lobby
- Wednesday December 3, 12:00 to 2:00 pm Stauffer Library Room 121
- Thursday, December 4, 8:00 to 10:00 pm Jean Royce Hall C116
- Tuesday, December 9, 8:00 to 10:00 pm Victoria Hall Main Lobby
- Thursday, December 11, 12:00 to 2:00 pm Stauffer Library Room 121
Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions Page for more information to some common questions.
Further questions can be directed to email@example.com.