Built in 1958 is one of 4 residences on Matheson Field. It was originally an all male residence but in 1972 it became Queen’s first co-ed residence. In 1988 when Victoria Hall was made co-ed it, like McNeill House, became an all female residence. It has since become co-ed once again.
Morris Hall is named after the Hon. William Morris, a founder of Queen’s, first chair of the Board of Trustees (1840-1841) and a member of the legislative council of Upper Canada. He lead the effort to obtain the university’s Royal Charter – ensuring that Queen’s was a true university providing both secular as well as theological training. He also pushed to have the university named Queen’s in honour of Queen Victoria. Learn more about Morris Hall>