Built in 1955 McNeill House is one of 4 residences on Matheson Field. It originally only housed men but in 1988 when Victoria Hall became Co-ed McNeill House became an all-female residence. It has since become a co-ed residence. In 2007 McNeill House underwent an upgrade.
McNeill House was named after William Everett McNeill who was an English Professor and Vice-Principal (1930-1947) at Queen’s University. He is best known for his work to prevent cutbacks and salary reductions during the Great Depression. McNeill also willed his house at 32 Queen’s Crescent (now Bader Lane) to the university – it now houses the Ban Righ Centre. Learn more about McNeil House>