Brockington House is the south side of our Gordon-Brockington residence. It is named after Leonard Brockington who was the former chair of the CBC and Queen’s 10th and longest serving rector (1947 to 1966). As a rector he was very popular with the student body because of his active involvement in the Queen’s community. He taught students the value of having a voice on the Board of Trustees.
Gordon-Brockington House was built in 1964 when Queen’s was going through an intense building campaign. Originally an all male residence Brockington House became co-ed in 1991. The building is located on the west side of Matheson Field and houses just over 225 students on six floors. Learn more>