- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- There is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface lots
Brant House – YELLOW ZONE
- From Highway 401, take exit #615 to Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard
- Continue south on Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard to Union Street
- Turn left on Union Street
- Continue on Union Street to Albert Street
- Turn right on Albert Street
- Continue on Albert Street to Brant House
- Stop, drop belongings/student for check-in, and proceed to a parking lot
Brant House, Student room #
28 Albert Street
Watts Hall Front Desk
Open Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm
Brant House was opened in September 2015, and is named for Drs. Marlene Brant Castellano and Clare Clifton Brant.
Dr. Brant Castellano (BA’55, LLD’91) is a leader in Aboriginal education and research who has dedicated her life to the rights and well-being of native peoples. She has taught in the Queen’s Faculty of Education and currently serves as the co-chair of the Queen’s Aboriginal Council of Queen’s University. An Officer of the Order of Canada, Dr. Brant Castellano has also been awarded the Queen’s Jubilee Medal and the National Aboriginal Achievement Award.
Dr. Clare Clifton Brant (MD’65) was Canada’s first Aboriginal psychiatrist and worked tirelessly to advance mental health issues relevant to Aboriginal peoples. He founded the Native Mental Health Association and was an Aboriginal health policy advisor to provincial and national health ministries. His seminal work, Native Ethics and Rules of Behaviour, continues to be extensively quoted in psychiatry, medical anthropology and sociological circles.
- Mixed gender environment with 271 single rooms and attached full washroom (shared between two rooms)
- Bedroom size is 9.5 x 15- please note that bedrooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds are extra long (80″ x 54″) and require queen-sized sheets
- Washrooms – private, shared between 2 bedrooms
- Laundry – located on the main level
- Kitchens –all floors have common rooms with kitchens
- Vending machines located on the main floor
- In-room television with cable
- Wireless internet
- Refrigerator in each room
- Common room with television and full kitchen located in each wing