We update this page regularly with important dates, move-in tips and driving directions, including updates to any city and campus construction
Move-in Day is Sunday, September 6th!
Here’s what you need to know:
- We will be assigning you a move-in time with your room assignment on August 28th – given the number of students moving in on September 6th we ask that you respect your assigned move-in time to help with the flow of traffic and lineups for elevators, etc.- thanks!
- Your room will be ready the morning of move-in day. Early move-in or storage of your items is not available. If you require accommodations/storage in Kingston prior to that date, be sure to book accommodations early as local hotels/motels book up quickly. Make sure you plan well in advance for your arrival, as we do not provide early arrival/storage exceptions. Students who arrive early will be required to wait until 8:00 a.m. on September 6th. Building doors are locked until 8:00 a.m. that day.
- Wondering which way to go? Download our Move-In Residences and Parking Map
- There are a few carts available – but you may want to bring a portable luggage cart if you have one (note: not all buildings have elevators).
- Stop, drop and park: you’ll be directed to drop zones near your residence where you can stop (not park!) and drop your student with their belongings – we’ll then ask you to move your car and park in designated areas and return on foot to help your student. Volunteers will be available to help unpack your car.
- Some retail food outlets will be open but you may also want to bring snacks and water with you as well. Come prepared for lineups — it’s a busy day!
- If someone is helping you move in, consider asking them to take boxes and extra items home with them, as there is no storage in residence.
- Volunteers will be available to help you by opening doors, offering advice, helping unpack cars etc., but cannot move your belongings in for you – if you need specific assistance moving in, please contact us in advance at : 613-533-2550.
- Please don’t bring the family pet – residences are animal-free (except for service animals).
- Don’t forget that Orientation is ‘dry’ – no alcohol is allowed in any of our residences (even for students 19 +) until September 14th.
- To help everyone settle into our Residence community, guests are also not permitted in Residence during Orientation Week.
- Parent information sessions – 3 parent information sessions will be held on main and west campus (note: all sessions are identical)
Wondering what to bring to Res? Get some tips from our students…