David C. Smith House
David C. Smith House,
Student room #
222 Stuart Street
Leggett Hall – open 24 hours/day
David C. Smith House opened in September 2015 and is named in honour of former Principal Dr. David C. Smith, who served as Queen’s Principal from 1984 – 1994.
A nationally respected economist, Principal Smith began teaching at Queen’s in 1961. He served as head of the Department of Economics from 1968-1981 and was appointed Principal in 1984. During his two terms as Principal, Queen’s underwent numerous changes, including the founding of the Women’s Studies Department and the Bader International Study Centre, and the construction of numerous buildings, including Stauffer Library and the Biosciences Complex.
- Mixed gender environment with single rooms and attached full washroom (shared between two rooms)
- Bedroom size is 9.5 x 15- please note that bedrooms can vary in terms of size and furnishings
- Beds are extra long (80″ x 54″) and require queen-sized sheets
- Washrooms – private, shared between 2 bedrooms
- Laundry – located on the main level
- Kitchens in common rooms on each floor
- Vending machines located on the main floor
- In-room television with cable
- Wireless internet
- Refrigerator in each room
- Common room with television and full kitchen located in each wing
- Location 21, a retail food outlet, is located on the ground floor.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended while dropping belongings. Cars left unattended will be towed to an outer campus parking lot.
- There is a 3-hour parking limit for all surface lots
David C. Smith House – GREEN ZONE
- From Highway 401, take exit #617 to Division Street
- Continue south on Division Street to Union Street
- Turn right on Union Street
- Continue on Union to University Avenue
- Turn left on University Avenue
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on University Avenue
- Continue on University Avenue to Stuart Street
- Turn right on Stuart Street
- Stay in the LEFT LANE on Stuart Street
- Continue on Stuart Street to David C. Smith House
- Stop, drop belongings/student for check-in, and proceed to a parking lot