*Upper Year Residence for 2018-19 is currently full. To ask to be on the wait list should we have cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and student ID#.
Move in day will be Saturday September 1st, 2018.
An 8-month contract, no worries about summer sublets. Utilities, internet, and cable TV included. On-site laundry. Full kitchen. Steps away from all your classes and now available for upper year students! Discover why David C. Smith House is a great place to live next year…
Ready to Apply?
Limited spots available.
Applications are accepted on a first come first served basis. You can apply on line and your spot will be reserved for 7 days for you to make a deposit. Once both application and deposit are received your spot will be secured for next year.
Live close to classes in the new Smith House residence.
- In-room television with cable
- Wireless internet
- Retail food outlet in building
- Fridge in each room
- Upper-year meal plan
- 8-month contract
- $500 off the single plus room rate (including meal plan) for upper years!
David C. Smith House is a brand new residence located at 222 Stuart Street on Queen’s campus. It is a co-ed building, with single rooms joined by a shared full washroom. Beds are extra long and fit Queen-sized sheets. Each room is outfitted with WiFi internet, a fridge, air conditioning and cable TV.
There is laundry on-site, and each wing has a common room equipped with cable TV and a full kitchen. There are also vending machines located on the main floor. Location 21 is a retail food outlet on the main level of the building, featuring a salad bar, deli counter, bakery, and cafe.
Students living in David C. Smith House have access to Leonard and Ban Righ dining halls for 18 meals every week. A $150 Snack Plan, which can be used at any of the retail food locations on-campus including Tim Horton’s and Starbucks, is also included for students’ convenience.
Rooms are single and share a washroom with an adjoining room (washroom-mate requests are available). Upper year students will receive $500 off (including meal plan!) the Single Plus room rate.
- You must be a registered, full-time student at Queen’s University
- Upper year students are eligible based on several factors, including a history of responsible behaviour and positive contributions to the quality of life in residence.
- Qualified upper-year students are assigned to a residence and room on a first come, first served basis once both the students application and deposit are received.
- Once all spots are full, students can send an email to Residence Admissions (@queensu.ca) to be placed on the waiting list, should we receive cancellations. The number of spaces available to upper year students depends on first year enrollment numbers.
- If you have been found responsible for a Level 2 Offence or above while living in residence, please identify this in an email to email@example.com. Residence reserves the right to refuse admission to any student who has been found responsible for a Level 3 Offence while living in Residence.
- Building assignments are your Queen’s email address approximately one week prior to move-in day.
- Please note that the number of upper-year beds available in residences changes from year to year and is subject to change.
- The number of spaces available for upper year students is directly related to the number of first year guaranteed spaces.
- The residence agreement is an 8 month contract. If you only plan to stay for one term, please be aware that you are financially responsible for the full 8 months unless you can find another upper year student to take over your contract.
- Rooms are assigned after all deposits have been paid and student staff rooms have been assigned. Your room assignment (specific room number) will be emailed to you late summer.
- Returning students are eligible for re-admission to Residence or University-owned, off campus housing (administered by Community Housing), based on several factors, including a history of responsible behaviour and positive contributions to the quality of life in residence. You must also be a registered, full-time student at Queen’s and be willing to contribute to a positive living environment.
- Residence reserves the right to refuse admission to any student who has been found responsible for a Level 3 Offence while living in Residence. If you have been found to be in violation of the Residence Rules and Regulations at an offence of Level 2 or above while in residence, please identify this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If rooms are filled when an Upper Year student applies, they can email Residence Admissions to be placed on the waiting list. We are typically able to accommodate our wait list after Don hiring has been done and rooms are released after Dons are hired.
OUR AGREEMENT WITH YOU
- The residence agreement is an 8 month contract from September to April.
- Your specific room assignment will be available on-line mid to late summer.
- For returning students, a $525 deposit is required if you are successfully selected to receive a space in residence. Please note: if you apply to be a Don and are successful you will receive a full $525 refund.
- Note: Read the residence agreement carefully. By clicking the link below to apply to residence, you agree to enter a legal agreement (Residence Agreement) and should be familiar with your obligations and our policies.
19 HEALTHY MEALS EVERY WEEK + $150 SNACK PLAN
Upper-year students living in Smith House have access to a healthy, hearty meal plan that will suit each of the varying appetites of our student body. The cost of your meal plan will be automatically included in your residence fees.
- All you care to eat in the dining halls with 200 Trade a Meals.
- Gaels-approved diet: New late-night Athlete’s Menu at The Lazy Scholar
- A wide selection of gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian meals, as well as halal and kosher options.
- $150 Snack Plan (Flex $) can be used at 21 retail food locations across campus, including Location 21 (located inside Smith House!)
- Residence Fees
- Deposit and Refund Information
- Residence Life Student Staff and Residence Council
- Your Room Assignment
- Special Considerations
Please contact us at Residence Admissions:
|Write us:||Residence Admissions Office
Victoria Hall, 75 Bader Lane
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
When you are ready to begin your application, click the button below to agree that you have read this information before proceeding to the application.