Graduate and Professional School students: application and $525 CDN deposit by June 8, 2015.
Applications will be available on March 1, 2015.
- The residence application is not complete unless the deposit is received before the deadline.
- A charge of $525.00 CDN will placed on your Student Financial Account within 48 business hours of receiving the application. Once this charge is placed on the account students can pay their deposit.
- We cannot process an application unless there is a deposit (it takes 2-3 business days for an online/tele banking payment to reach Queen’s). Please ensure that your deposit will reach us by the due date otherwise your application will not be considered.
- The following methods of payment are available:
1. Internet or Telephone Banking
It can take up to 2-3 business days for this payment to reach Queen’s University – make your payment well in advance to avoid missing the deadline and losing your guarantee of residence.
You can use internet or telephone banking to pay your deposit at most major banks and trust companies. If your own bank account is not set up for internet banking/telephone banking, your deposit can be paid from someone else’s account (perhaps a parent or guardian). We honour the date that payment is submitted online; please note that it may take several days to reach our office. More information is available from these banks:
Bank of Montreal – http://www4.bmo.com
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce – http://www.cibc.com
PC Financial – http://www.pcfinancial.ca
Royal Bank – http://www.royalbank.ca
Scotia Bank – http://www.scotiabank.com
TD Canada Trust –http://www.tdcanadatrust.com
You will need to add Queen’s as a new payee for your bank account. The procedure for doing this varies from bank to bank but in general you should:
- Go to the bill payment section of your online services
- Select the option for adding a new payee
- Most banks have a payee search or find function; select it; and enter Queen’s University — this should return a list of all the payee selections for the University
- Select Queen’s University and type in your Queen’s 8 -digit student number as the account number
- Enter the amount of the deposit as $525.00 CDN and confirm you wish to make the payment
- Please use Queen’s University as your payee (also listed as Queen’s University- Tuition at some financial institutions)
- IMPORTANT: once your payment has been accepted you will be given a confirmation number by the bank for your payment. We strongly recommend that you make note of that number and that you print off the confirmation message/page
If you have any questions or run into any problems please contact the Queen’s University Registrar at email@example.com.
2. Wire Transfer
Some international students may find it more convenient to send their deposit by bank wire transfer. Please note that this method can take time to process and you may be asked to trace your payment.; We encourage you to make the payment well in advance of our deadline. Students should also be advised that, aside from the initial bank, the receiving bank may also impose a charge and additional handling charges on the wire transfer.
To wire funds:
Payable To: Queen’s University
Bank: Bank of Montreal
Address and Phone Number:
297 King Street East
Bank Number: 001
Transit Number : 00162
Account Number : 1046-122
Swift Code : BOFMCAM2
Routing Number: ABA026005092
**Ensure that your name and Queen’s student number are included with your wire transfer
NOTE: E-mail money transfers or credit card payment are NOT accepted
For detailed information on payment options please see “Submit Residence Deposit”
Your $525.00 deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to your residence fees. If there are no available rooms after you have submitted your deposit, the full $525.00 will be refunded.
IT HAS NOT BEEN DETERMINED WHERE WE WILL BE HOUSING GRADUATES FOR THE 2015-16 YEAR YET.
SPECIAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY
- Special Consideration Form (please read the preface of the form carefully, complete and submit form)
- Information regarding a disability and any required room adaptations must be submitted on the form provided. We are only able to make arrangements for students who indicate this information on the application form and submit the “Special Consideration” form by the deadline.
- Please indicate any disability, medical condition, height, dietary need, and/or requirements related to lifestyle, culture, gender or religious needs on the special consideration form. This form is required for medical circumstances. Any pre-existing condition must be noted on the form in order to be considered and will not be considered after rooms have been assigned. Even in situations where students do not believe it will affect their room assignment it is best to include relevant information for consideration.
- Unclear or vague medical documentation will not be accepted.
- The special consideration form and any accompanying Doctor’s notes must be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to our office by the application deadline.
- Medical information provided on the special consideration form is considered confidential and will only be viewed by the Manager of Residence Admissions to make an informed decision on room placement.
- Room changes based on medical needs after the application deadline will only be considered if they are under extreme circumstances and may not be able to be accommodated. Please note that this process is not intended to provide an option for students to achieve a more favourable building assignment.
- Please note that Queen’s Residence is a high density living environment. It may be difficult to control that environment in regards to a medical condition. We strongly encourage students who may have environmental health concerns to consider if accommodation in residence is safe and conducive to their lifestyle.
- We are committed to accommodating the requirements of students with disabilities to the best of our ability. However, please note that you may not be placed in the residence of your preference.
- Please contact the Residence Admissions office if you have a parent, guardian, or sibling with a disability such as mobility, vision or hearing impairment that would require accommodation when visiting your residence building.
- Please read our policy on Service Animals: Queen’s Residence Service Animal Policy
- You require your Queen’s 8-digit student number to apply.
- All rooms are assigned using a computer lottery process.
- Please note that we do not accept credit card payments.
- Please indicate any disability, medical condition, dietary need, and/or requirements related to lifestyle, culture, gender or religious needs on the special consideration form and on your application. The special consideration form is required for medical circumstances. Any pre-existing condition must be noted on the application form in order to be considered and will not be considered after rooms have been assigned.
- Read the summary page that appears after you have completed your application to ensure that your application is correct. You can also print this summary page (which includes a ticket number) for your records.
- You will receive an email confirmation to your email account provided once your application and deposit have arrived. Please contact us if you do not receive an email by the deadline.
Read the Residence Agreement (Jean Royce Hall) residence agreement confed hotel (Confederation Place Hotel) carefully. You are entering into a legal agreement for the next eight months and should be familiar with your obligations and our policies.
QUESTIONS? Please contact us:
|Write us:||Residence Admissions Office
Victoria Hall, 75 Bader Lane
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N8
When you are ready to begin your application, click the button at the bottom of the page to agree that you have read this information before proceeding to the application.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICATION AND RESIDENCE AGREEMENT
Applications will be available in the new year