How to Apply – First Year Undergraduate
NOTE* Applications are Now Available. Please read this page carefully and click “apply now” at the bottom on the page
Ready to apply to Residence?
If you are a full-time first year student, you are guaranteed a place in residence – but only if you submit your application and deposit by the deadline!
Application and deposit $525.00 (CDN) deadline: 4:00 p.m. EST., June 8, 2016
- telephone/online banking payments can take up to 5 business days to reach us –please send your deposit well in advance to ensure your guarantee
- your application will not be processed until your deposit is received
- You can pay your deposit online, by telephone banking or by wire transfer. We do not accept cheques or credit cards.
- late applicants will be placed on a waiting list for residence
- $325.00 of your $525.00 deposit is refundable if you cancel in writing to Residence Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2016
- half of the balance of your residence fees are due September 30, 2016; the remainder is due January 31, 2017
How to apply:
You apply to Queen’s Residences using our online application and your Queen’s Student Number. Applications will be available by February 1st. You cannot save your application mid-way, so please make sure you set aside time to complete all components.
Watch our Residence Webinar for more information about applying, our buildings and much more.
Learn more about our application form:
Need help filling out your application?
We have information and videos to help you through the process.
How residence rooms are assigned
Each student is randomly assigned a lottery number using a computer program. Using this number, the computer program goes through each application sequentially. The chances of getting your preference depends on a number of variables, including the lottery number, the number of students with similar preferences, and the availability of particular preferences in any given year. Please note that the lottery includes rooms on both main and west campus.
Join us for our Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR) in July! SOAR is a one-day summer orientation program for incoming students and their families. The program aims to ease your transition to Queen’s by helping you prepare for new academic expectations, addressing questions or concerns about university life, and introducing you to on-campus resources and support services. Connect with upper-year students, staff, and faculty, and to learn about common transition issues, life in residences, strategies for academic success, faculty-specific course enrolment and fees, as well as career and experiential learning opportunities. For more information and to register, visit www.queensu.ca/studentexperience/summer-orientation-soar or contact email@example.com.